Over the weekend, two music festivals kicked off the highly anticipated season in the United Kingdom. First was FestiFeel, an annual music festival held to raise money for breast cancer awareness, and the second was the Isle of Wight festival. Take a peek at the fun and funky beauty looks that so far from onstage to backstage!
Fearne Cotton has gone from blonde to platinum since the birth of her son Rex. The Saturdays Frankie Sandford has transformed her hair from short to long since she's been pregnant, Sarah Harding also added some serious length to her blonde hair, Rihanna has lightened her naturally dark hair from a red hue to bright blonde and now Alexa Chung has gone from deep brown to medium brown with blonde highlights. Perhaps Riri, Sarah and Alexa have some baby news that inspired these colour chameleons? Hmph. . . In any event, take a look at their hair changes and vote on which look you like best!
Jennifer Aniston is known for her fabulous hair, so it's only fitting that it was the subject of a special Q&A with Marie Claire. Jen was joined by her longtime stylist, Chris McMillan, as they discussed her least favorite hairstyle of all time and how she may wear her hair for her wedding. Keep reading for more from Jennifer Aniston for Marie Claire.
Last night in New York City, 31 year old Sienna Miller arrived at the Crosby Street Hotel for a special screening of Just Like A Woman where she stars as a belly dancing Chicago housewife. Looking beautiful in a black sweetheart, pencil fitting black Burberry dress that she paired with black shoes and a black and red handbag, her fashion style was simple and seemingly effortless thanks to her flattering, form fitting number. But what we love (and also sorta hate) about Sienna's quintessential boho style is that her beauty look is also equally effortless looking. With her blonde hair brightened to perfection, but not overly light, she swept the lengths up in a high ponytail and left her semi-thick fringe looking both blunt and wispy. The hairdo is youthful, playful and shows off her long neck and her fresh-rosy face. Here's what you need to create this super simple style at home on your own.
When Jennifer Lawrence cut her hair into a trendy lob, we couldn't wait to see how she would style it during her plethora of red carpet appearances. Let's just say she hasn't let us down. Jennifer shows just how versatile this cut is, whether it's up, down, straight, or curly.
- Jennifer wore a twisted style to this year's Met Gala. She achieved the look by twisting small sections of hair and securing them behind her head. A cage lace headband pulled her updo together.
- For the premiere of The Hunger Games: Catching Fire at Cannes this year, Jennifer opted for a sexy, sleek blowout. To get extra shine line hers, pick up a serum like Goldwell Kerasilk Anti-Frizz Serum (£15). It adds shine and kills frizz.
- Her hair was all about texture at the GLAAD Media Awards, where Jennifer opted for sexy, beachy waves. A one-inch curling iron will get the job done, but make sure to add a healthy dose of a texture spray like Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray (£8.50).
Just like their female peers, male celebrities have all gone through several different hairstyles throughout their careers. Bradley Cooper grew out his brunette tresses for American Hustle, but he debuted a shorter look when he attended a mental health event at the White House earlier this week. Bradley isn't the only star who has sported both long and cropped 'dos — Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise, and Johnny Depp have all evolved their looks over the past few years, causing their fans to debate over which hairstyle suits them best. Click through to vote on which 'dos you prefer!
We had to do a double-take when Emma Watson stepped out for the This is The End premiere last night. The actress's faux-bob was so believable, we thought that she'd actually cut off her hair. But the updo was simply an illusion . . . and a beautiful one at that. Instead of the typical faux-bob we tend to see that's full of messy tendrils, Emma's style was structured and sleek. And it's also quite easy to pull off yourself:
- Start by prepping your damp hair with a frizz-fighting serum, like Bed Head Control Freak (£14).
- Part your hair deeply to one side and then blow it dry, using a large round brush and a concentrator nozzle on your dryer. While blow drying, focus heat from the roots down to blow straight, but keep the end of your hair taught around your brush to create a large curl. Don't brush this curl out — it'll be easier to fold under if you leave it intact.
- Once your hair is dry, run a flat iron from your roots to about ear-level for added smoothness.
- Using a bristle brush, smooth the front two sections of your hair down and back and secure with a bobby pin at ear-level. Spray a healthy amount of hairspray to keep things in place.
- Take each curl one-by-one at the bottom of your hair and roll it under itself until your faux-bob is at its desired length. Pin each curl against your head by sliding a bobby pin through the center of the curl against your head.
- Once all curls are secure, gently run your bristle brush over them to fill in any gaps to create one cohesive look. Finish with a generous mist of hairspray, like ghd Final Fix Hairspray (£3.95).
Blondes are having a serious moment in Hollywood, with celebrities like Anne Hathaway and Demi Lovato making the switch. But they aren't the first ones who have taken to the colour change. Click through to see some celebrities you may have forgotten who have seen if blondes truly do have more fun.
Whether you're a guest, bridesmaid, or even the bride, weddings are a perfect time to add a plait into your dressed-up style. They can add a touch of romance or bohemian coolness to your look, and there are a variety of ways to incorporate woven strands into your style. Click through to see how the following stars plaited their coifs to perfection.
Being the Duchess of Cambridge means a lot of public appearances, and while many have been keeping an eye on her growing belly since the announcement that Kate is expecting her and Prince William's first child, we can't stop swooning over her gorgeous hair. And according to a recent poll done by Kérastase, Kate Middleton's mane came out on top as the most coveted hair in Britain. Also, the poll found that women's hair is at its best at age 29, because women have money to spend on their locks. At 31, we think Kate's brunette mane is quite envy-inducing, which we've seen styled with everything from bouncing curls to soft waves, and even bangs. We've rounded up her best blowouts over the years. So just keep clicking!