The Victoria's Secret Fashion Show took place in NYC last night, and the Angels got together to celebrate a job well done afterward! Alessandra Ambrosio and Miranda Kerr were among the supermodels who posed on the pink carpet at the NYC club Lavo. They were joined by close friends Adriana Lima, Erin Heatherton, Doutzen Kroes, and many more. The bash offered a chance for the girls to let loose after weeks of rigorous training and dieting to hit the runway. Lily Aldridge, who welcomed a baby girl five months ago, tweeted a photo of sliders and fries with the caption, "Come to mama!" Isabeli Fontana had told us earlier in the day that she was most looking forward to celebratory Champagne at the party. There were plenty of celebs on hand to toast with the Angels, including Vanessa Hudgens, Jessica Szohr, Russell Simmons, and designer Alexander Wang. The show's musical guests, Rihanna and Justin Bieber, also stopped by Lavo for a fun end to the exciting day.
Miranda Kerr, Doutzen Kroes, Alessandra Ambrosio, and Lily Aldridge all slipped into pink robes and posed for photos backstage at today's Victoria's Secret Fashion Show in NYC. The annual presentation tapes tonight in the Big Apple with the Angels expected to hit the runway wearing the season's hottest lingerie, adorned with their famous wings of course, while Justin Bieber, Rihanna, and Bruno Mars provide the soundtrack to this year's event. Alessandra's been chosen to wear this year's diamond- and gem-encrusted Fantasy Bra, worth an estimated $2.5 million.
The models have been practicing their catwalking skills for the past few days. Miranda even strutted her stuff in a pair of thigh-high boots on her way to rehearsal on Sunday. Stay tuned for more behind-the-scenes photos and be sure to tune in to the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show Dec. 4 at 10/9 C on CBS.
The Victoria's Secret Fashion Show is today! The big event doesn't air until Dec. 4 on CBS, but we're getting ready by taking a look at all the backstage chaos, hot performances, and runway glamour from years past. From the over-the-top set designs to the barely-there lingerie, it's pretty amazing to see how far the show has come since the late '90s. See Gisele Bündchen, Heidi Klum, Naomi Campbell, Alessandra Ambrosio, Raquel Zimmermann, and even performers like Justin Timberlake when you click through now.
Miranda Kerr is one of the sexiest human beings ever to walk the planet. It's undeniable. So it's only appropriate that she's the face of the new Victoria's Secret Seduction Dark Orchid perfume, a supersultry mix of plum, orchid, and warm wood. I caught up with the Angelic One to chat about her fragrance memories, her workout routine for the Victoria's Secret fashion show, and her line of organic beauty products.
When did you first begin wearing fragrance?
I can't remember the exact age, but it was when I was in high school. I wore rose essential oil. I would buy it from a local health-food store. Now, instead of applying scent to my skin directly, I like to spray it lightly in my hair. When I'm traveling, before packing, I spray my clothes so they carry a gentle scent.
What beauty products do you always take with you when you're traveling?
I stand by the simplicity of the three-step process: cleanse, mist, and moisturize. I do that twice a day, so I always pack Kora Organics Foaming Cleanser, Energizing Citrus Mist, and the Hydrating Day and Night Cream. I also keep a body brush with me when traveling. Dry body brushing every morning is a great way to get the circulation going, get rid of dead skin cells, aid in lymphatic drainage, detoxify your system, and keep your skin smooth all over.
Learn more of Miranda's tips when you keep reading.
Miranda Kerr had a busy working weekend after celebrating Fashion's Night Out in Sydney on Thursday and fitting in time for a night out with husband Orlando Bloom. Miranda took off for Tokyo on Friday and had a few days to settle into the new location. Yesterday, she kicked off her duties in a printed blue dress for a promotional event on behalf of Samantha Thavasa handbags at Tokyo Skytree. Miranda's a big fan of Japan, and is also the face of Lipton's Iced Tea there. She wrote on Twitter this morning, "Thank you Tokyo for making me feel so welcome!" Today, Miranda jetted to Seoul in a white top and floral skirt. She changed into a LBD for another photo op supporting Samantha Thavasa at Lotte Department Store.
Miranda Kerr got the Fashion's Night Out celebrations going this evening at a special event in Australia. She attended a bash in honor of her Kora Organics skin care line at a pop-up store in Sydney, and her fellow Aussie model Nicole Trunfio also swung by to show her support. The event was organized in conjunction with Vogue Australia, and prizes were given out from Kora Organics and Kailis Jewellery. We're excited for all the FNO parties taking place tonight — check out the full list of Fashion's Night Out bashes taking place in the USA! The Sydney promotional evening came during a busy week for Miranda, who helped unveil a new hair care line at Sydney's botanical gardens just a few days ago.
Miranda Kerr posed for a spread shot by Orlando Bloom in T, The New York Times' style magazine. Orlando snapped the photos of Miranda, and one of their son, Flynn, during the couple's seven-month stay in Wellington, New Zealand, earlier this year. The trio were on location while Orlando reprised his role as Legolas in Peter Jackson's The Hobbit.
For the shoot, Miranda and Orlando found inspiration all around town, staging sessions at charming restaurants, in front of statues, and along the coast. Of their experience living in a rather desolate town and going relatively unnoticed by fans, Miranda said, "It was just the three of us, nothing to do except be with each other in this shockingly beautiful place." Now, though, Orlando's back in LA while Miranda and Flynn visit family in Sydney. Miranda celebrated her dad's birthday Tuesday, and today she's returning to work in front of the camera for her latest KORA Organics skin care campaign.
Miranda Kerr wore a cutout white swimsuit from Carla Zampatti for the David Jones Spring/Summer 2012-2013 fashion show at a David Jones shop in Sydney today. She also strutted down the catwalk in a handful of other looks, all from Aussie design houses. Miranda arrived in the Australian city a few days ago, fresh off a Hamilton Island vacation with her son, Flynn Bloom, and husband Orlando Bloom, who's back in LA now. Miranda spoke about her busy modeling career, as well as her life with the Bloom boys, during an interview before the David Jones presentation. In addition to talking about health and Australian style, Miranda Kerr shared workout tips. Here are highlights from her talk with the Sydney Morning Herald:
- On her emphasis on health and wellness: "I really believe that it's important to take care of yourself from the inside out. I'm very passionate about health and wellness. For me, it's got a lot to do with what I eat. I really find that I get energy from food, so I'm quite specific with what I do and I don't eat. I'm also aware that life is about a balance, and it's nice to treat yourself and have some indulgences."
- On what she does to keep her model body: "Pilates. Yoga. It does actually take a lot of work. Especially now since the baby — a lot more squats. I've got a new trainer and he's really kicking my butt. I've naturally got quite little arms, so he's been making me do push-ups just to get strength. I've been really working hard."
- On Australian style: "I believe that Australians and Australian designers know how to make clothes that are wearable. In Australia, we like clothes that are wearable. They're not too over the top. They're quite practical. We can move in them — that's what I personally love. That's what people say they love about my style. As Australians, we have that practicality."
Miranda Kerr bared nearly all in the September edition of Harper's Bazaar, which features Gwen Stefani on the cover and hits newsstands Aug. 21. Miranda posed for the magazine wearing just her birthday suit and a pair of over-the-knee boots. We don't see much of Miranda's style in the issue, but she spoke with Harper's about her sartorial favorites. Miranda, who just wrapped up an Australian vacation with her husband, Orlando Bloom, and son Flynn Bloom, also opened up about diet, moderating her taste for adventure as a mom, and the secret to staying balanced. Here are highlights from Miranda in Harper's Bazaar:
- On her style icons: "I have always admired Audrey Hepburn's style and my Nan has always been a style icon for me. Growing up I would play in her wardrobe and was very influenced by her. She taught me that you don't need to have a lot of money to have style. It's the way you put things together and how you carry yourself."
- On her diet philosophy: "I live by the philosophy that beauty starts from within and I make a conscious effort to fill my body with nutrients through the food I eat. Becoming a mother has made me even more aware and more passionate about nutrition and wellness. So much so that I am now a certified health coach practitioner. I love when we are all together as a family and I can cook really healthy, delicious meals for them. Most of my childhood was spent outdoors climbing trees, swimming in the river, riding dirt bikes and horses and I would like Flynn to experience all of those things."
- On her taste for adventure: "I definitely still love motorbikes; however, since having Flynn I haven't been riding these days. A lot of my adventures come from chasing Flynn around and watching him grow."
- On staying balanced: "I believe in having a vision for the future but living each day at a time. Time seems to slow down for me when I focus on staying in the moment and that helps me maintain a sense of balance. When I'm with Flynn my phone is switched off and I stay away from my laptop. It means the time I do spend with him is quality time. Life seems to be busy for most people and if you know you are doing the best you can then there really is nothing more you can do than that."
Photo courtesy Terry Richardson for Harper's Bazaar
Miranda Kerr and Orlando Bloom went to Broadway last night. The couple were hand in hand arriving at a theater to see Tony winner Peter and the Starcatcher. Earlier in the day, Orlando ventured out in the city on his motorcycle. Miranda likewise went out solo for a walk. The couple, along with their 1-year-old son, Flynn Bloom, have been in the Big Apple for nearly a week. Their time in America comes just as Miranda's new cover of Harper's Bazaar UK comes out. In the issue, Miranda spoke about her perfect day with Orlando and Flynn. She said it's best when she can "wake up to the sound of my son saying 'Mama, mama!' It's the best sound ever. Then I just love to get him out of bed and he can jump into bed with us, and we have cuddle time."