Ryan Reynolds met with his first-ever wax figure at Madame Tussauds Hollywood earlier this week, ahead of his 37th birthday. He isn't the only star who has come face to face with his man-made double as Kim Kardashian, Taylor Swift, Gwen Stefani, and even Sofia Vergara have all been on hand to debut their twins at various wax museums around the world, and, naturally, it always lends itself to a hilarious photo op. Click through to see celebrities confronting their wax counterparts, and don't forget to check out more celebrity wax figures!
The 2013 Emmy Awards are under way in Hollywood this evening, and the women of TV are bringing out the wow factor on the red carpet. Kerry Washington and Claire Danes were on the same lead-actress brainwave when they both went for white frocks, while Lena Dunham and Sofia Vergara went for bold colors. Meanwhile, Sarah Hyland and Ariel Winter broke out of their teen characters in very grown-up ensembles. Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Luciana Damon, and Allison Williams also made tonight's red carpet one to watch, so be sure to check them all out!
It's been over a decade since Woody Allen had a major role in a movie directed by anyone besides himself, but he's made an exception for John Turturro's Fading Gigolo. In addition to directing, Turturro is in front of the camera, starring as Fioravante, a man who agrees to prostitute to help his cash-strapped friend (Allen) out. It's not all as sad as it seems; he gets to have a threesome with Sofia Vergara and Sharon Stone! Soon enough, word of mouth spreads and they've got a budding business on their hands. Liev Schreiber also stars, but sadly, he's not in the trailer.
I'm having a hard time stretching my imagination to the point where these two women would pay thousands of dollars to have Turturro star in their ménage à trois, but we'll go with it. It's kind of nice to see Allen stepping aside about letting someone else lead, even if he's still calling all the shots as Fioravante's "manager." The movie is opening at the Toronto International Film Festival, and you can watch the trailer after the jump.
Sofia Vergara put her famous curves on display for the cover of the August issue of Harper's Bazaar. Inside the magazine, she also discussed one of her other famous signatures — her glamorous, supersexy style — and her large collection of Hermès Birkin handbags, which she likes to use as a form of financial planning. Read on for more from Sofia Vergara in Harper's Bazaar.
- On her Birkin collection: "I tell [my son,] Manolo, 'If I don’t have enough money for your college this month, you have to sell the Birkins.' I tell my business manager, 'What would you prefer? Me popping champagne bottles and doing drugs and wasting money or buying bags? These are valuable. These, Manolo can sell!'"
- On always looking done up: "No. I'm Latin; I do it no matter what. It's automatic. I shower, do hair and makeup. For me, it's like shaving. I don't believe in a natural look. Lipstick brightens your face! Unless you're Gisele Bündchen or 19, you need something."
- On her boyfriend, Nick Loeb: "He's really handsome. He's six-foot-four, and he has blue eyes and a lot of black hair. Or it used to be black. Now it's got a lot of white in it. Nick says all the white hair came from me."
Sofia Vergara showed off her curves in a tight white t-shirt and figure-hugging red skirt for Cosmopolitan's June issue, which hits newsstands on May 7. She's been busy with her starring role on ABC's hit sitcom Modern Family, along with filming for her big-screen project Heat. Sofia's blossoming career isn't the only reason she's making headlines recently, though, since her love life and talks of expanding her family have also put her in the spotlight. Sofia touched on the personal topics in the magazine and shared how she stays "sexy" at home. She also addresses the moment she knew she had "made it" in Hollywood.
- On setting a wedding date with fiancé Nick Loeb: "He was already married with a big wedding and I was already married with a big wedding, so we're going to do something but not right now. When he proposed, it was my birthday, and I'd flown more than 100 family and friends to Mexico for six days of partying. It took me forever to arrange the logistics! If I had known I was going to get engaged, I don't do this stupid birthday."
- On rumors that she and Nick are planning on parenthood via a surrogate: "Well, because I froze my eggs. I had to go to my doctor's office a hundred million times to do injections. The [rumor] probably came from that. My doctor had told me 'We have a small window.' I said, 'That's so rude!' I already have a kid, so I never thought I would need to do that. But I will have to use a surrogate, because I had thyroid cancer and lots of radiation. I don't want to wait forever, but not yet, because I'm working like an animal."
- On being high-maintenance in bed: "No one can be a sex kitten every day, and anyone who tells you that is lying. But I do wear negligees and Japanese silk robes. For a long time, I lived along with my son and only saw my boyfriends in a hotel. So at home, I slept in old tee shirts. I realized when I moved in with Nick that I couldn't do that. Now, I only keep nice pajamas around, because whatever is there, I'm going to wear."
- On the moment she knew she made it in Hollywood: "In my 20s, I was already known in the Latina market. When I moved to L.A., I used to go to this club. At the end of the night, everybody would come outside to get their cars. I would be next to Leonardo DiCaprio and Justin Timberlake and my car was always right out in front! Nobody knew who I was, but the valets knew because they were Latin. But I haven't been at this level until now. I'm greedy. I want to take advantage of my 15 minutes."
Saturday night's White House Correspondents' Dinner gathered celebrities from New York to LA to Washington DC. There were plenty of ladies decked out in their red carpet finest, including Katy Perry in Giambattista Valli, Kerry Washington in Wes Gordon, Kate Mara in white Prada, and more. Amy Poehler also went for white, choosing a dress from Basler. Nashville's Connie Britton wore a bright blue Temperley London number, while costar Hayden Panettiere picked a yellow Katharine Kidd gown. Purple was a popular choice for Veep's Julia Louis-Dreyfus in Dolce & Gabbana dress. and Downton Abbey's Michelle Dockery in Elie Saab. Claire Danes went with baby blue Prada to hit the dinner with husband Hugh Dancy — see all the White House Correspondents Dinner fashions!
Plenty of guys turned out too — Modern Family's Ty Burrell and Eric Stonestreet, Matthew Perry, and Scandal's Tony Goldwyn were among those who stepped out to hear jokes from host Conan O'Brien. We were on the scene at the big dinner and have rounded up highlights from the 2013 Correspondents Dinner.
After last night's White House Correspondents' Dinner, Vanity Fair hosted its annual postparty with Editor in Chief Graydon Carter greeting the many celebrity guests. Nicole Kidman mingled with other actors including Jeremy Renner, Paul Rudd, and Nashville leading ladies Connie Britton and Hayden Panettiere. Despite being dubbed the "nerd prom," the many actresses in DC last night were dressed to the nines in their best gowns — check out who wore what on the White House Correspondents' Dinner red carpet.
The Vanity Fair bash, cohosted by Bloomberg, also brought out celebrity couples — Jason Sudeikis stuck close to fiancée Olivia Wilde, Sofía Vergara mingled with her own spouse-to-be, Nick Loeb, and Bradley Cooper brought his young model love, Suki Waterhouse. Jason made sure to say hi to his fellow SNL buddies from the past and present, including Fred Armisen and Amy Poehler. Sofía, meanwhile, hung out with pal Katy Perry.
Sunday's Oscars wrapped up another fun award season for Hollywood's biggest stars. Over the past two months, our favorite celebrities from the big and small screens hit the red carpet and shared their favorite moments with us through social media. We've seen celebs like Ben Affleck, Jennifer Garner, Justin Timberlake, and Jennifer Lawrence posing for photos, Miranda Kerr and Hailee Steinfeld hanging out, and even sweet PDA moments from Hugh Jackman, Ian Somerhalder, and Nina Dobrev. There are lots of cute pictures from the People's Choice Awards to last weekend's Oscars to pour over, so click through now!
Sofia Vergara made a splash on the red carpet on the Golden Globes red carpet this evening when she posed with Ben Affleck. She wore a black beaded gown from Michael Cinco. In recent years, Sofia's been a staple at the Globes thanks to the success of her show, Modern Family, though she's never earned a Globe for her individual work — but this is her fourth consecutive nomination! Today could change all that, though, since she's in the running to win best supporting actress in a TV series, miniseries, or made-for-TV movie against Nashville's Hayden Panettiere, The Good Wife's Archie Panjabi, Game Change's Sarah Paulson, and Maggie Smith of Downton Abbey. Modern Family is up for a total of three awards.
Sofia's known for her curve-hugging gowns — do you think tonight's ranks among her best? In addition to sharing your thoughts on Sofia's ensemble, cast your vote in all of our Golden Globes style polls!
Sofia Vergara showed off her sexy curves for the November issue of Lucky Magazine, which hits newsstands on Oct. 9. Sofia just returned to the small screen in the fourth season of Modern Family after taking home the Emmy for outstanding comedy last month. There's been excitement in her personal life as well, since she got engaged to boyfriend Nick Loeb and celebrated her 40th birthday over the Summer. Sofia talked to the publication about her fiancé, wedding plans, and loving luxury. Here's more from Sofia Vergara in Lucky:
- On her chest size: "I am not there to look intelligent. I want to show all this off while I still have it. I already know I am going to get a breast lift. Then, maybe one day, when I am done with being sexy, I will just get rid of them. I know [my breasts] have opened doors for me, let's be real. But I so hate when I see Gisele and she is wearing a tiny little tank top with no bra, like, 'Oh, I just threw this on, I look so cute.' If I wore that I would look like I was pregnant, or a fat stripper."
- On why she and Nick get along: "Because we are f*cking professionals at doing nothing. We like to sit around on the beach and drink wine and talk sh*t."
- On having a child with Nick: "He is younger than me, 37, and he never had them. So if he wants one, maybe I will have."
- On enjoying her success: "I just always worked really hard, and I knew that I liked money. I love luxury. I love yachts. I love planes. I love trips. I can live without all of them, and I have, but I am not going to apologize and pretend I don't love luxury, because I do."