This weekend, Wedding Crashers pair Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson will revisit their onscreen friendship for new comedy release The Internship. They're just one of the movies' repeat collaborations (like actors who keep playing couples and the frequent director/star combos), and we love seeing the kind of platonic chemistry between friends who clearly enjoy each other's company once the cameras have stopped rolling. Now — just in time for Best Friends Day this weekend — check out all the stars who keep popping up as friends on the big screen!
Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson cracked each other up on the red carpet for the premiere of their film The Internship last night in LA. The duo arrived in style, pulling up to the carpet in a Google Maps car, which was an appropriate mode of transportation since the comedy follows the pair as they take on a prestigious internship at Google. Vince and Owen are reuniting again on screen after the success of their collaboration on 2005's Wedding Crashers.
The film's leading lady, Rose Byrne, who donned a stunning pink Emilio Pucci number, linked up with Owen for a laugh on the red carpet as well. The trio were also joined by castmates Jessica Szohr, in a Haute Hippie dress, and Josh Gad for the West Coast debut of the comedy, which hits theaters on June 7. We were there for the fun surrounding The Internship's premiere last night as well, so stay tuned for details from Vince, Owen, Rose, and more!
The Spike Guys Choice Awards brought together some of the hottest men and sexiest ladies in TV, film, and sports in LA tonight. The show airs Monday at 9 p.m. EST with stars like Mila Kunis, Emma Stone, Channing Tatum, and Adam Sandler participating in the fun. Justin Timberlake accepted the entertainer of the year award from Jeremy Renner while Rock of Ages costars Malin Akerman, in Emporio Armani, and Julianne Hough, wearing a sexy full-length Michael Kors, took a break from press and let loose with the guys. Other Summer blockbuster stars were also on hand for the celebration including Magic Mike's Matthew McConaughey, The Dark Knight Rises's director Christopher Nolan and Christian Bale, and That's My Boy funny men Adam Sandler and Andy Samberg.
Athletes Kobe Bryant and Aaron Rodgers proudly accepted top honors and joined the crowd in applauding NFL hopeful Eric LeGrand, who was paralyzed from a neck injury, during his acceptance of this year's Guysman Trophy. Engaged couple Dax Shepard and Kristen Bell took the stage to present Emma, wearing Versace, with a pair of golden antlers for her win as Guys Choice hot and funny actress. Emma's adding another statue to her collection tomorrow at the MTV Movie Awards. She's expected to be on hand as a presenter, in addition to taking home the first-ever trailblazer award. We'll be there, too, so follow us on Twitter and Instagram for updates and photos from the red carpet!
As suburban Costco co-workers, Ben Stiller, Jonah Hill, Vince Vaughn, and Richard Ayoade make an unlikely crime-fighting team in the upcoming comedy The Watch. The red band trailer for the flick, previously known as Neighborhood Watch, has the foursome fighting an intruder not usually found in cul-de-sacs: aliens. At first, the pals just seem paranoid, eying customers as possible outlanders, but then their fears become validated as they stumble upon an otherworldly object whilst on their neighborhood watch shift.
Between the bodily fluid talk and the abundance of swear words, this trailer is definitely NSFW. While I'm not against the former, I feel like too much time is dedicated to showing how these brotastic guys interact while not enough of the storyline is explained. The scenes we do see are funny, but it seems like this trailer is only for the first half of the film, and we still have no idea what the alien situation is. Given that the film was written by Superbad scribes Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg and directed by The Lonely Island's Akiva Schaffer, I'm sure we can expect more crude humor and blown-up bovines, but I'm curious to find out about the crux of the film and who the foreign invaders are. The movie doesn't come out until July 27, but you can check out the trailer after the jump.
Ready for another pairing of a tried-and-true comedy team? Jason Bateman and Vince Vaughn will costar in The Insane Laws as longtime best friends who have always done everything together — college, marriage, and then having kids. Bateman and Vaughn have played friends in movies like The Break-Up and Couples Retreat before, but this time they'll take their relationship from friendship to family.
The movie will fast-forward to when the the mens' respective children are grown up and off at college, where the kids fall in love. When the daughter of Vaughn's character gets pregnant, the friendship of Vaughn and Bateman will undergo a trial. From the sound of the title, it seems like everything ends in happy matrimony, but watching Bateman and Vaughn go head to head as they lock horns as fathers sounds like a fantastic recipe for comedy.
We've already seen Amanda Seyfried and Dominic Cooper getting cosy at a Tribeca Film Festival premiere this weekend, and there were plenty more screenings and events being held in New York as part of the festival which is partly put together by Robert De Niro. He was at a handful of the events, and was spotted hanging out with Juliette Lewis and Vince Vaughn. Kirsten Dunst premiered a short film she directed, looking relaxed in a floaty dress, Naomi Watts and Liev Schrieber kept their shades on for the premiere of Every Day, while British actress Archie Panjabi attended the premiere of The Infidel alongside David Baddiel. Other celebs spotted included Miranda Kerr, Bono, Christy Turlington, Guy Pearce, James Van Der Beek, Andy Serkis, Selma Blair, Alexanda Skarsgard and Rashida Jones.
To see more photos, just read more
Vince himself has said he's ready to start a family, so perhpas we'll hear the pitter patter of tiny feet in the not too distant future.
Congratulations to the newlyweds!
London Film Festival continued apace yesterday, with several American actors on our shores promoting their latest films. Jason Bateman, Kristen Bell, Malin Akerman and Vince Vaughn brought the sun and sand with them for their Couples Retreat press conference during the day, and then once the sun had gone down George Clooney walked the red carpet once more, this time for the premiere of The Men Who Stare At Goats. He was without his costar Ewan McGregor unfortunately, but Elisabetta Canalis was happy to join him for a PDA.
To see more pictures from the press conference and premiere, including Rachel Stevens, John Hurt, Neve Campbell, Hofit Golan and Brian Friedman, just read more
- Cheryl Cole reportedly "tore into" Ashley on a phone call from Kilimanjaro, following his drunk and disorderly arrest. She was angry because he had promised not to go clubbing with teammates while she was away. — Mirror
- Razorlight's drummer, Andy Burrows, has left the band after allegedly arguing with frontman Johnny Borrell during a recent trip to the US. They have already hired a replacement, David "Skully" Sullivan-Kaplan.— The Sun
- Vince Vaughn is engaged to estate agent Kyla Weber, her father has confirmed. Vince apparently proposed on Valentine’s Day. — Montreal Gazette
- Matthew Settle, who plays Rufus on Gossip Girl and his wife have welcomed an 8 lbs 11 oz daughter, whom they have named Aven Angelica. — People
- Robin Williams has postponed the remaining shows on his stand-up tour to have heart surgery for an aortic valve replacement. The comedian cancelled four shows in Florida this week after experiencing shortness of breath, and hopes to restart the tour in the autumn. Get well soon Robin. — BBC
- Blake Fielder-Civil is headed back to jail after failing a drugs test. He could now be in jail until early 2010 after breaking the early release terms of his 27-month sentence.— The Sun
- Four Christmases starring Reese Witherspoon and Vince Vaughn has gone straight in at number one in the UK Box Office, knocking Quantum Of Solace off the top of the chart. — BBC
- Jennifer Hudson's former brother-in-law William Balfour has been arrested in connection with the murders of the actress' mother, brother and nephew. — The Sun
- Nicola McLean has become the latest contestant to be evicted from the jungle on I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here. — Daily Mail
- A human skull currently being used in the West End production of Hamlet is to no longer be used as it may distract the audience. The skull of concert pianist and Holocaust survivor Andrew Tchaikowsky has appeared in the Stratford production, starring David Tennant. It was his dying wish to have his skull used in Hamlet and he bequeathed it to the RSC. — BBC