Skin illuminators are the fast track to giving your skin a gorgeous, natural glow. These products aren't shimmery or glittery; instead, they create the illusion of healthy skin with a natural-looking dewy finish. Usually available in shades of pink or white, the creams are quite thin and full of tiny iridescent particles that attract natural light and add dimension to the face. They can be applied all over the face or mixed into moisturiser or foundation, but for a more subtle look, dab and blend drops just under the brow bone, down the centre of the nose, at the temples, on the chin, and, finally, in the cupid's bow (to draw attention to your lips). Below are five tried and tested products to add a dewy glow to your skin.
- MAC Strobe Cream (£24) is a cult favourite among celebrity and runway makeup artists. A little dollop of this pearly- white cream goes a long way to create a gorgeous effect that makes you look like you're glowing from the inside out.
- Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Pearl (£33) is a thick, white cream that comes in a pump. All you do is apply it to your fingertips and then gently pat it into your skin over your makeup or blend it in with your foundation. It gives a glowing, radiant finish that looks so natural, people will wonder what your secret is!
- No 7 Skin Illuminator (£11) is available in two shades (peach for darker skin and pink for pale skin), and it comes with a handy built-in applicator brush that helps prevent streaking and makes this a great choice for on-the-go touch-ups. This product is the most affordable of the bunch, and it creates a wonderful smooth and glowy effect on your skin.
- Benefit High Beam (£20) is a modern classic that comes in a nail-polish-style bottle with a thin, long brush for application. This will help you to apply sparingly in hard-to-reach areas like your cupid's bow and your collarbone. For more expansive coverage, simply tilt the bottle over and pour it onto your fingertips, but go easy, as this packs a punch!
- Stila All Over Shimmer Liquid Luminiser (£16) is a lightweight shimmer liquid that is available in two shades and a little more warm and bronze than a lot of the pink or gold rivals. It's a wonderful product for brides looking for a special effect on their special day and also works really well on holiday for a natural bronzing.