On Monday in New York, Alexa Chung went vintage in her fashion and beauty choices at the Met Gala. The British presenter, who was amongst the best dressed Brits, teamed a 1960s-inspired Marc Jacobs leather dress with a backcombed hairstyle. Sebastian Professional stylist Diego Da Silva, who created Alexa's look, was "inspired by the 1960s feel of dress and wanted to revisit a shorter haired, rock and roll Brigitte Bardot version of modern times." To recreate the Brit's hairdo for yourself, follow the step-by-step instructions when you
- Step 1: Wash hair with Sebastian Professional Light Shampoo (£10.95) and Sebastian Professional Light Conditioner (£12.75).
- Step 2: Apply Sebastian Professional Texturizer (£14.79) to the roots of damp hair and blow-dry using a round brush.
- Step 3: Backcomb the roots with a fine tooth comb, then use a brush to soften.
- Step 4: Loosely pull hair into a half ponytail and secure with bobby pins.
- Step 5: Spritz Sebastian Professional Re-Shaper (£12.75).
Will you be trying Alexa's style on your own barnet? Shop all the products you need below.