In my opinion, both Kate Winslet and Kate Beckinsale stole the show with their gorgeous long gowns and flawless hair and makeup last night at the 69th Golden Globe Awards. Fekkai lead hair stylist Renato Campora created two amazing updo's for these beautiful Brits that you can re-create yourself at home. Here's how to get both of these radiant red carpet hairstyles.
For Kate Winslet's Classic Retro Style:
- Step 1: To achieve this elegant look, Renato began by creating a side part and applying Full Blown Volume Styling Whip (£20) to wet hair and then he blow dried the hair straight.
- Step 2: Next, he used a one inch curling iron to create small tight waves through the hair.
- Step 3: Lastly, he secured Kate’s hair with bobby pins and wrapped the ends in a low bun using an elastic. He finished by spraying all over with Coiff Sheer Hold Hairspray (£21).
For Kate Beckinsale's Modern French Twist:
- Step 1: To get a high texture, high volume updo, Renato started off by applying a blend of Fekkai Bouffant Lifting & Texturizing Spray Gel (£16.31) and Fekkai Brilliant Glossing Cream (£25) throughout the hair, followed by a rough blow dry.
- Step 2: Next, he used a one and a half inch curling iron to create loose curls, letting them set for 10 minutes to create a bit of a wave.
- Step 3: Lastly, he separated the hair into three sections. Two were low pig-tails and the last was a ponytail in the middle of the head. All three pieces were then secured with clear hair ties and were connected by weaving them into a high bun. Finally, Renato misted hair with a hearty dose of Coiff Sheer Hold Hairspray (£21).