I'm pretty picky when it comes to self tanners. I like to make it look as though I'm glowing from within and have a light bronzey tone my skin tone as opposed to pasty, white and lifeless. This means that if a tanning product even remotely streaks or makes me look yellow or orange, it gets binned immediately. I tend to go for products for fair to light skin tones that build to a natural looking tan. My favourites (along with a little input from my buddy FabSugar UK) are listed below. The two of us have been switching off between these body bronzers for the past few weeks and are finally ready to share our reviews with you!
- Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer (£7.49) goes on smooth and doesn't streak. A little goes a long way too, so the tube will last you a good part of the summer. It comes in three shades fair, medium and medium/tan and has a sweet, non-offensive scent.
- Dove Energy Glow Beauty Body Lotion with Self Tanner (£7.38) is heavenly to apply due to its rich consistency. The smell is one of the best as it's light and floral. Also, because it produces a natural looking tan so gradually, it's difficult to mess it up!
- Lancôme Flash Bronzer Anti-Age Golden (£22.50) gives you a gorgeous looking glow, plus an even tan. The formula also includes firming and anti-ageing properties to keep your skin soft, nourished and hydrated while you tan safely without the sun.
- Johnson and Johnson Holiday Skin Medium Tan Body Lotion (£6.50) generates a gradual, gentle-looking tan, when applied evenly. The only drawback is the harsh scent, so I tend only to save this one for nighttime when I'm in the privacy of my own home.
- Avon Skin So Soft Ultimate Body Moisturiser Soft and Glow SPF15 (£5) is what I decided to stick with even after I finished my testing period. I adore the subtle shimmer that it leaves on my skin, and a subtle light brown colour appears after three days of use. Also, it claims to tone and firm (I haven't really noticed that), however since it also has SPF 15 in the formula, I love how it saves me one extra prep step!
For my thoughts on the last three self tanning body lotions in the bunch, read more.