With all the various brands, launches, and new innovations, a girl could really go crazy shopping for makeup. But in honour of National Splurge Day, which we are celebrating in a belated kind of major way (it was on Monday), we're helping you create your ideal makeup bag with all the products you should consider buying straight from the department store. To find out the breakdown on where you should invest your makeup dollars, read more.
Smart Beauty Investments
- Foundation: Your best bet is to head to the makeup counter. At the department store, an informed associate can find your perfect match, plus you'll be able to consider coverage, finish, and skin benefits and usually find a much more comprehensive range of shades.
- Concealer: Just like foundation, you might find a wider selection at the department store. One-on-one service will offer you the chance to find the optimal shade and formula for your skin's needs.
- Eye shadow: Pricier eye shadows often have greater color payoff with high-quality pigments that have much better staying power. These pigments are typically also finer and have a smoother application, making them wonderful for blending. The finely milled pigments also make these shadows work well wet or dry, which gives them much more versatility.
- Blusher and bronzer: Like eye shadow, the more expensive powders used for blusher and bronzer are more finely milled, resulting in improved blendability, which is a key aspect of a natural-looking glow. The higher concentration of pigments also gives you longer-lasting results.
- Lipstick: Shelling out the money on a great everyday lipstick from the department store is a good investment. The higher-quality formulations are often filled with skin-conditioning ingredients, so your lips will stay luxuriously nourished and healthy.
- Brushes: Quality brushes are essential must haves for any makeup bag. Spend on the few brushes that you use every day, like a higher-end foundation, blush, eye shadow, and eyeliner brush. Remember to clean them regularly and store them correctly.
- Limited-edition launches: When Alber Elbaz does a collection with Lancome and you have to have it, then it's worth splurging on your must-have items from those special collections.