Holly Willoughby is the cover star of Cosmopolitan UK's April 2010 issue. In the photo shoot the new mum and fashion designer poses in one of her own Very dresses, and talks about her range for very.co.uk ahead of its 27 March launch. She also talks weddings, her plans to have more babies and interviewing Gordon Brown. Here are the highlights:
- On fashion: "I don’t tend to follow fashion. The whole idea [for my very.co.uk range] was that I wanted to create a range that fitted really well, that really did favours for the feminine form and all of those things that I feel most mainstream fashion lets you down on. Everything I’ve put in the range is stuff I’d wear. In fact, what I’ve done is design my own wardrobe!"
- On the simple things: "The good things in life are the simple things – and they’re wonderful. I think people are under so much pressure but if you don’t do so much and appreciate what you have, you’ll have a great life."
- On her dreams for the future: "I’d like our family to grow, and I’d like to spend more time at home with them…We had this pipe dream once where we’d move out of London and we’d have a mustard and jam factory! Dan would make mustard and I’d make jam, and then we’d be there with loads of kids and just have a lovely life."
To find out what Holly had to say about weddings and Prime Ministers, just
- On her sister's wedding: "[My sister is] getting married this year. [She] is so like me in the sense that both of us have been planning our weddings since we were four, so it was just all systems go. It was the same when Dan proposed to me. It was like, ‘OK, you know that wedding file I have…'"
- On her own wedding planning: "Well, I had cut out a few pictures over the years – my bouquet and things. I had certain bits! I didn’t have pictures of men’s faces cut out, going, ‘That’s what he’s got to look like.’ But in my head there is a fairy tale going on and always has been. And for me, that’s the pinnacle of the fairy tale – marrying your Prince Charming."
- On her most nerve-wracking experience on This Morning: "Interviewing Gordon Brown [made me nervous] because I knew that was like the ultimate test for me. When I got the job [at This Morning], a lot of people were saying, ‘Well, yeah, she can do the entertainment side of it but what happens if she has to interview Gordon Brown?’"
The full interview appears in the April issue of Cosmopolitan UK, on sale today.