Scarlett Johansson is Cosmopolitan's January cover girl, showing off her blonde locks before she went with a shade change earlier this month: which colour do you prefer on her? She's been globetrotting to promote her new film, The Spirit, with premieres in Madrid and on our shores last week, but found time to chat with Cosmopolitan about Ryan, romance, staying grounded and the future. Here are the highlights:
- On her image: "I don’t normally think about being sexy. I think, 'Do I look presentable? Do I look sane?'"
- On meeting the right man: "I’ve been in situations before where a guy hasn’t been into me. It’s either they don’t want to commit or put in the effort, or they’re too involved in their own thing. You don’t always meet the right person at the right time and I think it’s important for people to figure out their own lives before involving someone else – to gauge where you are and work on your own issues."
- On Ryan and romance: "Ryan has a very romantic side. We both enjoy remembering little things that make us happy – for me, that’s what romance is all about. My mum is a romantic person and I think I inherited it from her. She’s very thoughtful and taught me there are many different ways you can be romantic."
To see what Scarlett has to say about her lifestyle, staying grounded, and the future, just read more.
- On her lifestyle: "My head is screwed on pretty good. I live a very private and modest lifestyle and I have great friends – who are not actors – and a great family. I know I’ve had a one-in-a-million chance given to me with my career and I feel very lucky."
- On staying grounded: "Adjusting to fame and being grounded depends on where you come from and what kind of family you have. You have to be able to say, 'It's OK, I can walk, I can get there by myself,' every time someone offers you a lift. I just try and keep a solid focus. Life’s not so bad!"
- On being career-focused: "I have three films out in 2009 that I’m really proud of. Being in work mode prevents me from going into Hollywood starlet mode, I suppose."
You can read the full interview with Scarlett and see lots more gorgeous pictures in the January issue of Cosmopolitan, on sale today.
Photo credit Cliff Watts