Blake Lively has been busy filming season 4 of her hit show and now she's looking gorgeous on the cover of October's Marie Claire magazine. Inside she chats to the mag about Gossip Girl, her true talent, filming in Paris and her relationship with Penn Badgley. Here's more:
- On Penn and friends: "At the end of the day, you’re just in any relationship. How does anybody go to work every day and come home? You just do it and it either works or it doesn’t. You know, I don’t have very many friends that are actors, the ones that I do have are people I’ve worked on films with for months. I don’t go around collecting people for my BlackBerry because I want to have phone friendships."
- On cooking: "That’s my true talent, acting pays the bill"
- On Gossip Girl: "I’m on a very commercial show so the last thing I want to do is a commercial movie,’ she expands. ‘I wanna take risks, I don’t wanna play it safe. I mean, I could probably make more money if I did more commercial projects. It would be nice to buy an apartment but I’m 22 and I don’t need to yet. . . We have six-year contracts but who knows how long TV shows ever run. They don’t always go the full term contracted… We’re in season four."
To read what Blake has to say about fashion and her time in Paris, just
- On fashion: "I’ve always loved fashion. Love it! That’s why I don’t use a stylist. Number one, it’s such an expression of self."
- On Paris: "I was speaking with Anna Wintour. We were just talking about different fashion houses and I said, 'I love Chanel', and she said, 'You should come with me to the show.' I also said I loved Dior. She said, 'OK, well, I’ll take you to the Chanel and Dior shows and we’ll meet with Karl and John [Galliano] afterwards.' So I went to dinner with Karl Lagerfeld and we got to spend a lot of priceless time together. Oh my gosh, riding around in Karl Lagerfeld’s Rolls-Royce with the top down. Insane!. . . It was like a fairy tale. Afterwards we went to dinner and we’re climbing back inside his Rolls-Royce and someone said to me, 'See, you’re so lucky, you get to see the real Paris with the real Parisians.' And I said, 'What part of this do you think is the real Paris and the real Parisians! This is fairy-tale Paris.' It’s not everyday life. I mean, I know I’ll go back but it won’t be the same."
You can read the full Blake interview in October's Marie Claire magazine, out now!