Fergie looks hot as Cosmopolitan UK's cover girl for the August "Body Confidence" issue. She's been busy with the Black Eyed Peas' tour and World Cup gig, but she found time to talk about her personal and professional lives. She chats about hubby Josh Duhamel's reaction to her weight gain for Nine, and how she wasn't sure if he was "the one". The BEP singer also reveals her thoughts on children and motherhood. Here are the highlights:
- On who she wants to be: "You know, in Italy, Catholic boys are raised to believe there are two types of women: the Madonna and the whore ... And me? I’m both."
- On order: "I’d love to have structure in my life but it doesn’t always work out like that. I’d decided to take time off, but then I got the offer for Nine, and I’d have regretted turning that down for the rest of my life. So I learnt to fly by the seat of my pants."
- On not being sure whether Josh Duhamel was "the one": "At that stage of my life, I don’t think I’d have thought that about anybody. I’d made my lists of qualities that I wanted, and you can’t find out if someone has those in a week. It was learning what he was made of that made me fall in love with him."
To see what Fergie said about motherhood and Josh's reaction to her weight gain, read more.
- On how Josh reacted to her weight gain for her Nine: "When I came home from filming, he was excited. He enjoys having both: the extra meat to grab when it’s there and the tight stomach when that’s there. He always gives me compliments."
- On having children: "You can be a mother and still completely sexy ... Right now, I don’t want anything clouding my focus. Right now, I’m living in the present."
Fergie's interview appears in the August "Body Confidence" issue of Cosmo, on sale 8 July.
Photographer credit Cliff Watts