Katy Perry is the cover girl for Cosmopolitan UK's December issue. She chatted with the magazine before her wedding with Russell Brand, and opened up about marriage, motherhood and The X Factor. The singer also adorns Harper's Bazaar US this month, as she promotes her new music. Katy was named Ultimate International Music Star at the Cosmopolitan Women of the Year Awards last week. Here are the hightlights:
- On marriage and whether she thinks her feelings might change: "I think the lovely thing is that these days it’s not like the ’50s; you have a choice. So no, I don’t feel that way. I’m not the person I was when I was 15, but I still have some of the same things, it’s just that my perspective has broadened. I’ve always been me, even from when I was nine."
- On who she wanted to be growing up: "Shirley Manson catered to my rock, punk, edgy style. Alanis Morissette catered to my feminist, don’t-mess-with-me-but-I’ll-still-marry-you style. Gwen Stefani catered to my cool, easy-going, effortless, fun, cute side. Now, I love Gaga. I love Rihanna. I’m infatuated with English music and new artists here, like Marina And The Diamonds and Ellie Goulding."
- On her sexy lyrics: "Some of them are, yeah. I like to play that card because it’s fun and definitely in my deck, but I like to tease. I’m like a burlesque girl. I definitely won’t be doing a Playboy spread but I will be doing a kind of Dita Von Teese style."
To find out what Katy said about motherhood and The X Factor, read more.
- On what kind of mum she would make: "I don’t know yet. I’m not even in that headspace so I don’t think I could give you an idea."
- On whether she disapproves of The X Factor giving a fast-track into the industry: "I wouldn’t have put myself through it as it can be harsh. Every person who walks into those auditions is different so you have to be careful with your comments. You wouldn’t want to be responsible for anything…"
- On rumours she'll be on The X Factor US: "I saw something about that and I think Simon is flirting with me through the press. He is a big flirt. I know a lot of it is rumours. But sometimes rumours turn into reality."
You can read the rest of her interview in Cosmopolitan, out Mon. 8 Nov.