Kristen Stewart gives a sweet smile on Elle US's June cover. She's more edgy in the accompanying photoshoot, which sees the Twilight star surrounded by images of herself. Kristen and her costars are on the promotional trail for Eclipse already, going from reshoots to TV appearances while still making time for red carpet appearances. Award shows, red carpets and attitude all came up in Kristen's conversation with the magazine. Here are highlights:
- On her life: "It’s insane! Once somebody finds out, you have to get the hell out of wherever you are. People freak out. And the photographers, they’re vicious. They’re mean. They’re like thugs. I don’t event want to drive around by myself anymore. It’s f*cking dangerous . . . Somebody knocked on my hotel room door and asked for a light, then said that they were a big fan. I was like, 'Do you really need me to light your cigarette? How do you know what room I’m in?' I can’t be by myself and I like being by myself."
- On her award show demeanour: "I think it’s funny that when I go onstage to accept an award, they think I’m nervous, uncomfortable, and awkward — and I am — but those are bad words for them."
- On her red carpet reputation: "People say that I’m miserable all the time. It’s not that I’m miserable, it’s just that somebody’s yelling at me . . . I literally, sometimes, have to keep myself from crying . . . It’s a physical reaction to the energy that’s thrown at you."
To see what Kristen said about her attitude and love, just
- On people saying she doesn't care: "I hate it when they say I don’t give a sh*t, because nobody cares more than I do. I’m telling you I don’t know anybody who does this that gives a sh*t more than I do."
- On her personal life: "I would never cheapen my relationships by talking about them. People say, 'Just say who you’re dating. Then people will stop being so ravenous about it.' It’s like, No they won’t! They’ll ask for specifics."
See even more photos on Elle.com!