Bar Refaeli stepped out in a Roberto Cavalli gown alongside her fellow supermodel Naomi Campbell at today's Cannes Film Festival premiere of The Beaver. Bar's not letting her recent split from Leonardo DiCaprio put a damper on her fun, as she also stepped out for last night's Chopard party. Leo, meanwhile, has been spotted cozying up to Blake Lively aboard Steven Spielberg's yacht. New mom and Victoria's Secret Angel Doutzen Kroes left her baby boy, Phyllon, at home to walk the red carpet on the arm of her husband, Sunnery James. The stars of the film, Mel Gibson and Jodie Foster, arrived hand in hand for the debut of their controversial dark comedy. Mel Gibson started his day shirtless during a smoke break outside his hotel room but suited up for his return to the red carpet. Jodie has been handling most of the movie's promotional duties by herself so far, but it seems she and Mel are teaming up for one last publicity push before the flick's Friday release.
Posts for May 17th 2011
The NBC upfronts were packed with TV's hottest celebs in NYC yesterday. Christina Aguilera, Tina Fey, Joel McHale, and more were on hand for the event, which announces the network's small-screen schedules for the Fall season. Christina was there, along with Carson Daly, to promote The Voice, and she sat down on The Today Show this morning to talk about what attracted her to the judging job. Jenna Dewan was on hand for The Playboy Club, which also stars Eddie Cibrian, and she hung out with his wife, LeAnn Rimes, before the big press day. Pregnant Tina celebrated the renewal of 30 Rock, as did Parks and Recreation's Amy Poehler and Aziz Ansari. Amanda Peet talked up her new comedy with David Walton and Jeffrey Tambor, Bent, and shared that she will most likely bring her two daughters to the set when filming recommences. Christina Applegate stepped out following the January birth of her first child to chat about Up All Night with Maya Rudolph and Amy's husband, Will Arnett. Dax Shepard, Erika Christensen, and Lauren Graham represented Parenthood, and Nick Lachey made the quick trip to the Big Apple for The Sing-Off before heading back to LA.
Elisabetta Canalis was back in her bikini to hang out with girlfriends on a yacht docked near Cannes this morning. She's enjoying the social side of the city's film festival, which is taking place not too far from her home base in Italy. Elisabetta is no stranger to jetting around the globe for fun, though. She and George Clooney are well known for their love of shirtless- and two-piece-filled getaways in Cabo, though he's been busy lately focusing more on movie making. He spent time in the US shooting The Ides of March, a project he both directed and acted in, and he's apparently now in the UK working on Gravity. Elisabetta hasn't been spotted by his side in a while; however, they were apparently together in his native Kentucky in February for a dinner date with his parents.
- Romance for Leighton Meester and Justin Long? — People
- Chelsea Handler has words for her sister on a new show — Huffington Post
- Cory Monteith reconnects with his Canadian roots — Lainey Gossip
- Sarah Jessica Parker chats about SATC's future — PopEater
- A closer look at Rachel McAdams's recent Cannes premiere — Rotten Tomatoes
- Inside Teresa Guidice's RHONJ launch party — TooFab
- Kurt Russell loved all of Kate Hudson's exes — Us Weekly
- Happy 45th to Janet Jackson! — Wonderwall
- Was Lindsay Lohan belligerently drunk at a tequila party? — Celebitchy
- Find out which Real Housewife is now a stripper — Amy Grindhouse
- Ali Larter looks amazing after giving birth just a few months ago — Fox 411
- Why did James Franco carve Brad Renfro's name into his arm? — ICYDK
- Ciara shows off her bikini body — The Blemish
Alexander Skarsgard made a hot cover model for GQ's June issue, available on newsstands May 24. He's out and about chatting up his big-screen project Straw Dogs, which he shot nearly two years ago in Louisiana. Production on the film gave Alexander a chance to meet his current real-life leading lady, Kate Bosworth, though he didn't speak about her in the magazine. Instead, Alexander touched on working with married costars Anna Paquin and Stephen Moyer in True Blood and what it was like growing up in Sweden with a famous dad, actor Stellan Skarsgard. Alexander Skarsgard said in GQ:
- On working with married couple Anna and Stephen: "It’s really clear to Steve and to everybody else what the deal is — which is that Anna is like a sister to me. . . .Those love scenes take quite a bit of acting, actually. A lot of acting."
- On joining the Swedish military: "It was my way of going off into the unknown. I didn’t want to just be somebody’s son."
- On life in Sweden: "You walk into the coffee shop, and the girl asks how your day is. When I first moved here, I loved that. I know it’s shallow and superficial and she doesn’t give a f*ck about my day, but I still like it. It’s difficult to get to know a Swede. But once you do, you’re in. . . .You’re never going to see a television show The Skarsgårds."
- On his famous dad Stellan: "I don’t think I came to acting to compete with my father. But, you know, he wasn’t around as much as normal dads, and seeing his passion. . . . Maybe it was a way to get his attention. . . I mean, if anything, we’re trying to take care of him. He’s over the hill."
Bar Refaeli went short and sweet in a sequined Roberto Cavalli mini last night to attend Chopard's Happy Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend party in Cannes. She jetted to France after spending much of last week in Germany, where she did press for her upcoming campaign with Escada. Her ex Leonardo DiCaprio has also been near the film festival, reconnecting with friends and listening to a Kanye West performance over the weekend at a private production company's concert. Leonardo DiCaprio and Blake Lively are also the subject of some recent romance rumors, after being linked last year while she auditioned, unsuccessfully, for a role in The Great Gatsby remake. Leo wasn't spotted at the bash yesterday, but Bar had the company of jurors Jude Law and a Dolce & Gabanna-clad Uma Thurman. Naomi Campbell also stepped out for the event following a cameo at the Fashion For Relief Japan Fundraiser.
Jennifer Lawrence Looks Lovely as She Shares About Getting Naked For the Big Screen and Being Treated Like a Star
Jennifer Lawrence brought her rising star to the pages of Elle with a spread in their June issue. The actress is coming off a thrilling award season full of honors for her performance in Winter's Bone, and she has more exciting roles to come. Jennifer will return to the big screen in this Summer's X-Men: First Class, and she played a part in The Beaver, which screened at the Cannes Film Festival today. She also just landed the lead in The Hunger Games. Jennifer may just be getting started, but she's already figuring out what it's like to get the star treatment. She spoke with the magazine about job perks, prepping for near nudity in X-Men, and her pre-Oscars meal. Here's more of what Jennifer Lawrence had to say in Elle:
- On prepping for her role in X-Men: “I knew that if I was going to be naked in front of the world, I wanted to look like a woman and not a prepubescent 13-year-old boy. I’m so sick of people thinking that’s what we’re supposed to look like.”
- On getting the star treatment: “When you’re on set, everybody’s like, ‘Oh, do you need water? Here’s 45 bottles!’ It’s really bizarre. I’m still getting used to it. I’m still in wonderland.”
- On her pre-Oscars meal: “Fifteen minutes before, the guy doing my hair goes, ‘If you can get a salad, get a salad…I said, ‘I’m getting a Philly cheesesteak.’ I’m sure there’s proof on a hotel bill somewhere.”
January Jones displayed a dramatic look on the cover of Allure's June issue, their first also available on iPads. She posed in a skimpy leotard inside the magazine, showing no sign of her pregnant belly — take a look behind-the-scenes at the sexy shoot. January has a lot to be excited about both personally and professionally since she's expecting her first child and gearing up for the release of X-Men: First Class. She was happy to chat about her private life, touching on what it's like to date in Hollywood, her indulgent diet, and her experience with therapy. Here's what January Jones had to say in Allure:
- On working with congressmen on a bill to outlaw shark finning: “I only had to sleep with 15 to 20 congressmen, took one for the team.”
- On trying therapy: "I was traveling so much, and I just needed to make sure I was grounded and had someone to talk to. She talked more than I did, which was hilarious and great and fun. I really like her. It was like having a girlfriend. But I’m not going to give her $300 an hour to have the same conversation I could have with my girlfriend.”
- On why it's hard to date men in the industry: “I’m sorry, I need to go away for three months and kiss other men while you stay here.”
- On her diet: "I’ll stop at McDonald’s and get a strawberry shake and fries and not feel guilty at all, because I deserve it.”