Kim Kardashian posed with her fiancé, Kris Humphries, at a Matthew Williamson fashion show in Monaco today. She looked gorgeous in a white dress for the occasion, but it was Kim Kardashian's huge diamond ring that was the center of attention. Kim's been flaunting her new 20.5-carat accessory since announcing her engagement to Kris with a People cover on Wednesday. She flashed the sparkler at the airport on her way overseas, and it looks like she's already starting to plan her nuptials. Kim tweeted a picture of her two youngest sisters, Kylie and Kendall, and asked, "how adorable are my bridesmaids?" The newly engaged couple haven't shared any other details about their wedding, but Kim's mom, Kris Jenner, did request that they give her a little more time to plan than the nine days that she had to pull Khloe's event off.
Posts for May 27th 2011
Which MTV Movie Awards Promo Do You Prefer — Kristen's Adventures in Hair-Cutting or Taylor's Cab Crisis?
The MTV Movie Awards are less than two weeks away, and the show's host, Jason Sudeikis, is on a mission to meet the hottest names in Hollywood before the fun starts on June 5. For his latest promos, Jason dropped in on Twilight stars Taylor Lautner and Kristen Stewart. Jason graciously offered up his hair styling services to Kristen, who hesitantly agreed to go along with his plans. Taylor, meanwhile, found himself held captive in a stolen taxi by Jason. It's fun to see comic performances from Kristen and Taylor, but tell us — whose MTV Movie Awards video do you prefer?
Oz: The Great and Powerful is the latest film project to put a new spin on a childhood classic. Like Broadway musical Wicked, this take on The Wizard of Oz will be a prequel to Dorothy's experience down the yellow brick road, but this time it will be told from the perspective of the wizard himself. The 3D movie is set for a 2013 release, so even though that's a long ways away, I've put together a list of who's been cast so far so you'll know what you're in for.
- James Franco will star in the title role as the wizard, a magician whose air balloon blows off course and ends up in the Emerald City, where the citizens look to him to help get rid of the wicked witch plaguing them. Before Franco, Johnny Depp and Robert Downey Jr. were both attached to the part.
- Mila Kunis will play Theodora, the youngest of the three witches who starts out as good, but is convinced by her evil sister to go bad, ending up as the Wicked Witch of the West. No confirmation yet on whether she'll have green skin, but my fingers are crossed.
- Rachel Weisz is set to play Evanora, Theodora's older and much more evil sister, the Wicked Witch of the East.
- Michelle Williams will play Glinda, the Good Witch of the North and symbol of good in the kingdom.
- Zach Braff is the latest to join the cast as Frank, Oz's loyal assistant in the Emerald City. It's been speculated that the character is based on author L. Frank Baum.
- Sam Raimi will direct the film, having signed on last Summer. He's best known for helming the three Spider-Man films, so he should be more than ready to take on the effects of the 3D Oz.
- Mad Men's Abigail Spencer will play a woman who lets the wizard perform magic tricks on her while in Kansas.
Mario Testino was the guest of honor last night at a gala thrown by the Latin American museum El Museo de Barrio at NYC's Cipriani restaurant. Kate Winslet, who just worked with Mario on a new round of ads for Lancôme, introduced the photographer and presented him with a silver Asprey tray that had been signed by friends like Sienna Miller, Julia Roberts, and Demi Moore. The Narciso Rodriguez-clad actress started with a joke, saying, "The two other Kates, Kate Moss and Kate Middleton, were unavailable so you have to make do with me." Mario, who confessed that his favorite person he ever worked with was Princess Diana, spoke for the first time about lensing Prince William and Kate Middleton's engagement pictures. He said of the shoot, "You know, it's not so much what they say to each other because there is no time. Everything is compacted into a very short time because we have to produce these pictures. It's more like me screaming and trying to get everything to go — well, not screaming, but getting in a fluster, I guess you say . . . They are a young couple in love." Affection was in the air for John Legend and Chrissy Teigen as well as fellow attendee Josh Hartnett, who hung out with his girlfriend, Sophia Lie, when he wasn't catching up with fashion heavyweights like Anna Wintour and Donatella Versace.
It's not unusual to see Sarah Jessica Parker running all over the streets of Manhattan, but in I Don't Know How She Does It she's playing a woman with a very different set of priorities than Carrie Bradshaw. As Kate, she's a working mother who is trying to balance career with family, and though she's doing the best she can, she's having a hard time keeping her head above water. At home, she has two young children and a loving husband (Greg Kinnear), and at work, she's a financial executive in a job that she loves but frets about its dominance of her time.
Based on Allison Pearson's book of the same name, the story is one many women will find familiar. The trailer turns Kate's dilemma into a cute, palatable comedy (it even reminded me a little of One Fine Day, without the falling in love bit). I'm anxious to see Parker on the big screen again, so I'm looking forward to this one, plus it's stacked with a ton of other familiar faces like Christina Hendricks, Seth Meyers, Busy Philipps, and Olivia Munn. The movie comes out in September, but check out the trailer when you read more