London Fashion Week got off to a colourful start this morning with the Antoni & Alison presentation. A brass band went marching down the catwalk before the duo, who are celebrating their 25th anniversary this year, sent out their collage-inspired collection. The artistic designers locked themselves away for four days to create "hand rendered art works, drawn and painted with our own hands". Their experiments with black felt tip, ink drawings, spray cans, crayons, and smudges in charcoal resulted in a line of bright silk shifts covered in scribbles, brush strokes, illustrated flowers and glitter embellishment. With Mulberry also presenting a colour and craft collection this season, it looks like LFW is crashing the art world in a big way. Take a look here and keep checking back for more coverage!
- Trends: Art-inspired patterns, embellishment, colour, collage.
- Colors: Every shade, from red and orange to pink, blue and green.
- Key Piece: The white shift with spray can green and embellishment summed up the aesthetic.
- Accessories: Black pointed courts with gold hardware.
- Who Should Wear It: Creative types like Zandra Rhodes and Nicole Richie.