Donna Karan dreamed up a collection fitting for the city girl. True to her street aesthetic, the collection, seen earlier today in Chelsea in a brick-covered venue, was made for stomping the pavement and turning heads. Inspired by modernists in New York City, Karan envisioned fuzzy angora sweaters — made in bright hues and bold stripe patterns — houndstooth suits and skirts, wide-leg trousers, skinny pencil pants, and tailored coats. It was the details, like a recurring tux stripe detail or contrast colour inserts, which gave the collection a smart shot of modernity, youth, and a slight nod to the ‘70s. Bright shots of colour were tempered with neutral hues emoting a pop of punch and fun. Karan also sent down a number of sleek three-quarter length coats embellished with leather sleeve accents, knit and houndstooth padded jackets, which was her remixed take on the classic puff coat, along with the standout silhouette of the show: a crisp tailored wool cape.
- Trends: Fuzzy sweaters, tailored capes, contrast trim.
- Colours: Red, pink, henna, black, cream, navy, grey.
- Key Looks: Capes jackets, angora sweaters, houndstooth suit.
- Accessories: Ankle-braced Mary-Janes, cap-tie booties, mini-bags with leather tassels.
- Who Would Wear It: Stylefiles on the go, city slickers.