The buzz word at Daniella Helayel's Issa London Fashion Week show on Saturday was tropical. The Spring 2013 line transported the crowd from catwalk to paradise thanks to rich jewel colours, floral embroidery and botanical prints. From a toucan print maxi to a fushia and tangerine jumpsuit and an embellished white fit-and-flare dress, the aesthetic conjured up an exotic beach holiday. Seventies silhouettes like kaftans and long silk halterneck dresses were embellished with beads or covered in prints, while fit-and-flare dresses came in solid hues and vivid shades sprung up on knotted and draped jersey gowns. Skirts billowed, waists were cinched in and necks plunged to a deep V, all topped off with chunky gold jewellery and hair adorned with orchids. Take a look right here, and tell me your favourite piece!
- Trends: Tropical paradise, rich jewel hues, botanical prints, '70s silhouettes.
- Colors: Fuschia, violet, tangerine, emerald, acid green, yellow, royal blue, white, black.
- Key Piece: The toucan-printed maxi dress modelled by Jourdan Dunn was a winner.
- Accessories: Chunky gold necklaces and bangles, strappy neon heels, orchids in hair.
- Who Should Wear It: Those who want colourful feminine holidaywear, such as Beyonce. I can't wait to see which piece fan of the brand, Kate Middleton picks.