All the romance and delicacy of Nina Ricci was present for Spring 2012, with a healthy dose of overt flirtation added in. Slim dresses were dolled up with soft ruffles, drape, and pretty florals; floaty peplum tops, peeking from tailored cropped jackets, danced above miniskirts; and then there was lingerie. Designer Peter Copping had played with lingerie themes in his Resort collection; here it was taken a new level: models walked the runway in pretty bras, some underneath jackets, others simply with a swingy skirt. Slipdresses of silk and lace seemed cut apart and stitched back together. It was playful and seductive, but most importantly it was pretty.
- Trends: ladylike, boudoir, lingerie, florals.
- Colors: pink, white, black, lavender, blue.
- Key Look: the lace and silk slipdresses, the floral prints that came from the Nina Ricci archive.
- Accessories: minimal platform sandals, stilettos.
- Who Would Wear It: feminine, polished girls — Cameron Diaz, Nicole Kidman, Jen Aniston.