Topshop Unique's London Fashion Week show was the epitome of minimal and modern on Sunday. The sophisticated Spring 2013 line was all about sophisticated slouch, with creative director Kate Phelan telling Fashionologie backstage that the collection was: "Cool, easy, relaxed. The whole idea was to just not let the collection get too hard or stiff, but to keep it soft, to keep it easy, to keep it very slouchy and very real." The loosely tailored silhouettes and double layering retained clean lines and a tempting wearability. It was a textural balancing act between shimmer and sheer, with a palette of black, white, cream, rose, yellow and silver in colourblock, oversized checks, and geometric prints on oversized trouser suits and jackets plus asymmetric zip sweatshirts and dresses.
- Trends: Slouchy, cool, sheer, shimmer, clean.
- Colors: Black, white, cream, rose, yellow and silver.
- Key Piece: The cream jacket over monochrome sheer panel shift modelled by Cara Delevingne.
- Accessories: Delicate white leather and clear plastic ankle-strap stilettos, silver pointed toe heels.
- Who Should Wear It: Fans of clean lines and slouchy structure, I'd love to see Victoria Beckham in the silver trousers and sheer white tee combo.