The Beatles made a zebra crossing in North London world famous in 1969 when they shot the cover of their Abbey Road album there. The band all wore different suits and shoes, and now you could get your hands on John Lennon's. The two piece suit by Ted Lapidus is going under the hammer on New Years' Day. It previously sold at auction in 2005 for $120,000, and is now being sold on by an anonymous collector of Lennon memorabilia. John was very thin and 5'10, so it's a very slim suit.
Aaron Johnson and Sam Taylor-Wood recently announced their engagement, and now the movie that brought them together is set to come out. Nowhere Boy is the story of John Lennon's childhood, featuring Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging's Aaron in the lead role, and directed by artist Sam Taylor-Wood. The movie's out on Christmas Day, and I can't wait to see it — but what do you think? Let me know!
- Coleen Rooney has denied reports she plans to have a Caesarean, saying: "I’m planning on a natural birth if all goes well, so therefore the baby will arrive when it’s ready!" — OK!
- Although it was "hard to include", Yoko Ono has included a paper bag containing the blood-strained clothes John Lennon was wearing the night he was shot, in an exhibition of memorabilia on display in New York. — BBC
- Charlotte Church’s family have denied reports in a magazine that Charlotte and Gavin Henson have split up. — The Sun
- Harrison Ford finally confirmed he is engaged to Calista Flockhart during an Entertainment Tonight TV interview. The news was reported back in March but had not been officially confirmed. — Sky News
- Depeche Mode's concert in Athens last night was cancelled when lead singer David Gahan was taken to hospital with suspected gastroenteritis. A spokesman said he hoped the band would be able to perform tonight. — BBC
- Star Trek is number one in the UK box office, taking £6 million from 501 venues. The film grossed £70.9 million worldwide in its opening weekend and is number one in 23 markets. — Telegraph
- Madonna and Guy Ritchie are reportedly "on the cusp" of adopting a three-year-old orphan named Mercy from Malawi. – The Sun
- Orlando Bloom will co-produce and star in a movie about the siege of Sarajevo of the early 1990s. The film will be based on Fools Rush In by Bill Carter. – BBC
- John Lennon's killer Mark David Chapman has been denied parole for a fifth time after a board concluded he is still dangerous. – NME
- The Dark Knight is still number one in the UK Box Office after three weeks. The Mummy: Tomb Of The Dragon Emperor went in at number two, making over £1million less than the Batman movie. – BBC
- Actor Dane Cook is angry about the film poster promoting his latest film with Kate Hudson My Best Friend's Girl. He's listed ten things he hates about it on his MySpace blog, in a move that's sure to be a winner with the film's promoters. – People
- And finally – ICYMI – Peaches Geldof is married!
- Amy Winehouse is apparently facing arrest after headbutting someone who hailed her a cab in central London on Tuesday night. It's reported she attacked two men while out and about in Camden. – The Sun
- Clint Eastwood's latest movie Changeling, starring Angelina Jolie is topping the bill at the Cannes Film Festival this year. – BBC
- The first NME USA Awards were held last night in LA. Jane's Addiction picked up the 'Godlike Genius' Award and performed a set of their songs. – NME
- Yoko Ono is fighting to stop footage of John Lennon smoking pot in 1970 being made public. – Daily Mail
- Jennifer Lopez is to star in and develop her own reality TV show for the American network TLC. – People
- The first acts have been announced for T4 On The Beach – The Hoosiers, Scouting For Girls, Lightspeed Champion, Robyn and The Feeling are the first of more than 25 acts taking to the stage in Weston-Super-Mare on the 20th July! Looks set to be a scorcher!