It appears that not only are white coats trending right now, but overly long white coats with minimal buttons are what superstars like Kylie Minogue, Kate Beckinsale and Joss Stone have been seen wearing recently. Leave a comment to let me know whose Winter white coat you like most and shop the style here!
With Winter upon us, it's quite a challenge to keep the pH in your skin balanced. Between heating systems indoors, blustering cold winds that chap and chafe outdoors and humid conditions in public spaces, your body's largest organ (yes, your skin) is fighting an uphill battle to stay neutralised. Hopefully with these 5 tips, you'll be able to get a handle on the hardships of dry Winter skin from scalp to soles.
- Stop Dry Scalp: Since your scalp is part of your skin, it's important to take control of those unsightly flakes that can lead to unhealthy hair. Start by using a cleansing shampoo, something with mint or eucalyptus is preferred, and then move onto a hydrating shampoo and conditioner. If that doesn't do the trick, combat itchiness with a scalp treatment.
- Scaly Skin: If your arms and legs are starting to resemble a lizard, it's time to take action. Moisturising may not be enough. Begin by exfoliating followed by an emollient-rich lotion that contains ingredients like shea butter or milk. Also, cool it on the long, hot showers that can strip your skin of the essential oils it needs to keep balanced.
- Dry Hands, Knees and Elbows: A salve (balm) is the answer to your problems for those rough, dry hard to reach areas that are constantly rubbing against your clothing. A little goes a long way, so take a dab, rub it between your fingers and massage it into the effected area.
- Cracked Lips: Flaking, red and dry lips are a common problem during the Winter months. Consistently using a product, especially at bedtime that contains ingredients such as lanolin will make a world of difference. By putting menthol or camphor on your lips you could actually be doing them as disservice as they can be quite drying and irritating.
- Chapped Cheeks: The soft skin on your face needs a gentle approach, so it is recommended to apply a barrier cream such a petroleum jelly whilst your face is still a bit damp. Avoid anything overly fragrant which could lead to further dryness/irritation and use a humidifier if possible when you sleep to help replenish lost moisture.
If you love love, February is your lucky month. My fashion and beauty choices for this time of year include a gorgeous and colourful python clutch bag, a bold true red nail varnish from Bobbi Brown called Valentine and a new three-in-one multipurpose lip and cheek stick from Benefit to help you get a gorgeous and natural looking flush. To find out the rest of what's hot for this month click through my picks and treat the person you love most (you!) to something special for Valentine's Day.
Those of us in the United Kingdom are used to a plothering of rain and some unseemly brisk weather, however, approximately once a season, we get a bountiful snowfall which leaves us besotted. Baby, it's cold outside and we now need to wear everything warm in our cupboards that we've been hoarding away all year. I happen to like a fuzzy scarf and my good ole Ugg boots, but a hat is something I'll never really warm up to. It compromises my peripheral vision and I simply find them uncomfortable. What is your favourite Winter item that you are excited to wear when it snows?
Keeping warm this season just got a little more fun with these giant fur hats. Whilst I definitely don't defend wearing fur, there are tonnes of faux options available on the market too. Check out eight fashion-forward Brits donning fur headwear in and around London these past few weeks.
Believe it or not, the new Spring/Summer collections are already launching and the latest and greatest from Lancôme is already available online and in stores. This limited-edition collection called In Love features the beautiful Emma Watson wearing an ensemble of pink eyes, lips and cheeks. Inspired from street-art murals and the colourful tonal florals of nature during the Spring season combined with the neon lights of the city make this a truly unique and fun range. Check out the six-piece line here and let me know what you think by leaving a comment at the end.
Last night in London, Livia Firth, Felicity Jones and Anna Wintour stepped out for the London Evening Standard Theatre Awards co-hosted by Christopher Bailey of Burberry, Anna Wintour of American Vogue and Evening Standard Chairman Evgeny Lebedev. Whilst it is no surprise that all of these classy ladies looked radiant on the red carpet, they were also glowing in long, white ball gowns — well, in Anna's case, pale gold and a white bolero jacket. The colour of the moment surprised me a bit as we usually see Winter white, a more creamy, eggshell shade this time of year, but the starkness against the grassy step and repeat looked undeniably breathtaking. Take a peek through these photos to find out who designed these stunning dresses that you can see from all angles.
About once a year, the UK sees snow, and lucky for us, the storm hit over the weekend which not only made the parks beautiful to play in, but it didn't mess up our morning commute to work! I decided to brave Sunday in my Ugg boots, and boy was that a mistake. My feet were soaking wet in just a few minutes and that's when I decided to head to the High Street for some wellies. I bought a pair of black Hunter boots, although they aren't nearly as cool as Sinitta's croc style. You can also see Leona Lewis donning a red pair and Ricky Gervais's girlfriend Jane Fallon in hot pink. Which colour Wellington boots are your favourite?
Winter can wreak havoc on your skin and hair, so we asked celebrity hair and makeup artist Desirae Cherman to share her secrets for battling the cold. Find out whether lipstick or lip gloss will help chapped lips and what kind of shampoo is best for frizzy, static-prone hair. With these 10 tips, you'll be able to keep your hair and skin fresh, glowing, and hydrated in the cold.
December is such a big month for consumers as you have Christmas to shop for, the weather is getting so cold that you crave comfy cosy clothing, boots, hats and outerwear, and your beauty regimen changes a bit to protect your skin from the chilly air outside and the hot air inside. I had so much fun picking out four must-have fashion items along with four beauty picks to peruse this month. Take a peek at my wish list for this month and let me know which goodies you want too!