This Spring/Summer the catwalks were awash with ultra modern makeup looks, from theatrical glitter, to bursts of bright colour. The trend we all actually want to wear though, is going by the name of Rustic Romance. Think fierce, bold brows, rust eye shadow shades and gently blushed cheeks.
Rustic Romance was the main makeup story at the Milan shows, where grown up glamour is always on the agenda. This season, however, there's a definite, Southern Italian influence, with strong, womanly looks being all the rage.
I loved the rust mixed with berry lipsticks at Dolce & Gabbana, (pictured), the subtle gold shadow at Daks by Giles Deacon and the soft, pink blush at Prada and Blumarine.
It's a classically romantic look, tinged with rustic influences. For my pick of the best products to re-create the trend, simply read more
- For a rust-berry coloured lipstick, try Max Factor, in Rosewood, (£7.99).
- A powder blush gives a more womanly finish. I like Bourjois in Lilas D'Or, (£6.25).
- Skin should be flawless and matte. Use a good quality base, such as Clinique Superbalanced Makeup, (£18.50).
- A subtle gold or bronze shade on the eyes, works well with berry lips for summer evenings. Take the colour right up to the brows, as at Daks by Giles Deacon, for a modern effect.
- A good bronze-gold colour, is MAC Amber Lights, (£10). It's not too heavy, so is perfect for this subtly glamourous look.
- Make sure to keep brows looking bold but groomed – try one of Benefit's great new brow products.