One of my favourite beauty websites, The-Beauty-Pages is linking with BellaSugarUK to pick the best products to recreate the Autumn/Winter trends. The-Beauty-Pages Founding Editor, Louise Emma Clarke, talks us through the superskin trend. This is her exclusive blog for us:
"My favourite beauty trends are those that we can emulate with little effort or practice. Earlier this year, as I sat wide-eyed in the rows of London Fashion Week watching the Autumn/Winter shows, I was thrilled to notice a natural dewy skin trend. Fake tans and heavy foundation was gone, and beautiful glowing skin (the kind we all wish we were blessed with) was in. This look appeared on the catwalks of Roberto Cavalli, Aquascutum, Chloe, and Burberry — to name just a few.
If you currently mask less-than-perfect skin with foundation, it’s easy to feel daunted by this trend, but do not despair. The models on the Autumn/Winter catwalk were not going makeup free by any means — they just looked like they were. Follow my simple tips and you will easily boast a fabulous dewy complexion. For how to get this look at home, just read more.
- Before you start, give your skin a head start with an indulgent radiance-boosting facial. My personal favourite is Crème de la Mer Radiant Facial (£95) available at Urban Retreat locations.
- After cleansing and moisturising, prep your skin with a radiance balm. My favourite is Clarins Beauty Flash Balm (£25).
- If you want to use a foundation, keep it super light. A whipped mousse texture would be perfect. Try Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse (£6.99).
- Alternatively, simply dust a sheer powder over your skin for a glowing finish. MAC Mineralize Skin Finish (£16.50) will give your skin a luxurious polish.
- Next dot concealer over dark circles and blemishes. Choose a creamy texture, which will smooth onto the skin rather than flake, and match the colour closely to your skin tone. Try Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer Kit (£21).
- Finish the look by brushing a touch of blusher over your forehead, cheeks, and nose. Bourjois Compact Powder in Beige Rose (£7.95) will give your complexion a flushed but natural look."