Psst! I've just seen the new Spring 2009 Makeup Collection from Chanel and it's smoking hot. It contains 22 products that range from subtle (blush) to trendy and bold (lips and nails). If I had to choose my absolute favourite I think it would be nearly impossible, as I'm torn between the chic artsty CC Lip Palette and the deep violet nail polish in Vendetta.
Also, the Mystic Eyes shadow quad is worth raving about too. It's the perfect combo of colours that can take you from day to night with the deepening of your crease and darkening of your liner.
To read a description of each of the products, read more.
- Quadra Eyeshadow Palette in Mystic Eyes (£33) is contains plum, beige, pink and bronze powder shadows.
- Soft Touch Eyeshadow in Magic Night and Liberty (£18 each) are two individual powder shadows. Magic Night is shimmery, medium plum (it looks amazing if you have hazel or green eyes) and Liberty is a soft shimmery beige.
- Fluid Iridescent Eyeshadow in Delta (£19.50) is a medium gold shadow with pigment so rich that I also like to use it as a highlighter on my cheekbones.
- Precision Eye Definer in Brun-Cuivre (£15) is a sexy and creamy deep brown eyeliner.
- Inimitable Waterproof Mascara in Brun (£19.50) is a medium brown mascara that looks incredible in the daytime paired with any of the new shadows.
- Rouge Hydrabase Cream Lipstick (£18 each) is available in six new shades: Gipsy Scarlet (a fiery light red), Fiesta (a deep apricot), Fuego (a bold, coral-red) Beige Desire (a sexy nude), Rose Rebelle (a pale rose) and Euphoria (a bright reddish pink).
- Aqualumiere Sheer Colour Lipshine in Malta and Positano (£18 each) are two translucent lip glosses that contain SPF 15. Malta is a sparkling copper and Positano is a sexy light beige shade.
- Glossimer in Beige Guitare and Wild Rose (£17 each ) is a super shimmery gloss with high shine and thick consistency. Wild Rose is a sweet pink shade and Beige Guitare is a glimmering gold (this colour looks great over any of the new lipsticks).
- Ultra Wear Lip Colour in Alexandrite and Opal Rose (£18 each) delivers a deeper pigment to the lips for a more intense effect. Opal Rose, is a shimmery pink and Alexandrite is a bold red.
- Chanel CC Lip Palette (£36) contains shades of beige, red and pink lipstick. It comes packaged in a sleek classic black case, with a lip brush inside for easy, on-the-go application.
- Vendetta is dark violet with a hint of shimmer, and Django is an extremely pale beigey-pink (almost champagne shade) (£15 each).
- Powder Blush in Fandango (£26) is a subtle brown shade with a hint of shimmer, perfect for contouring (and if your skin is pale, then it also works as a bronzer).
- Natural Finished Pressed Powder in Beige (£26) is a mattifying flesh-toned, silky smooth powder.