The weather is just heating up, so open-toed shoes are coming out. One day, probably very soon, many of us will be faced with a dilemma: wear cute sandals and risk exposing our unkempt toes, or hide our feet in oppressively hot trainers. No need to fret, there are plenty of ways to fake pretty, pedicured feet when you don't have time for a pedicure. To find out five sneaky ways to get great-looking feet in a flash, just keep reading.
- Luminiser is your friend. The illuminator you use on your face can make gnarly toes look soft and glowy. Just dab a little on rough spots and on top of exposed toes.
- Also a quick fix? Oil. Argan, neem, avocado, or even the regular olive oil from your kitchen will do. Rubbing your feet down with it will fill in cracks and diffuse the look of callouses better than lotion does. It makes polish-free nails look great, too.
- If you can soak your feet in warm water softened them up before you apply the oil, your results will be even better.
- Bright toenail polish can hide a multitude of sins, and it makes you look a lot "fancier" than a neutral shade does. People also only tend to notice the varnish and will overlook any not-so-well-groomed bits.
- Bronzer can also be a big help if you have toe issues. Dusting it along the tops of your feet will help minimise the look of splotchiness and darker patches of thick skin.