Festival chic is all about embracing your inner hedonist. So no more good-girl routines like removing your makeup every night and even, god forbid, daily showers! Having said that, the days when you could just rock up to a festival and not bother looking in a mirror are over, thanks to the likes of glam festival beauties, Kate Moss, Lily Allen and Pixie Geldof.
But before you start perfecting your winged eyeliner, don't forget the basics. Here's what the festival pros will be taking to Glastonbury this weekend: read more
- FCUk Polished Deoderising wipes, (£3). Not the most glamorous of beauty products, I know, but you'll be thanking me after three days without a shower. These have a lovely, fresh oriental scent, combining violet, pepper and vanilla to ensure you feel revitalised and smell divine all day and night.
- Boots Soltan Mini-Spay, (£4.99), is super-easy to use and will ensure protection from UVA and UVB rays. Added antioxidants also boost the skin's natural defenses.
- Eco Lips Berry Organic Lip Balm, (£3.99). Being outdoors all day (and night) means you'll need to protect your lips too, even if it isn't particularly sunny. This organic balm has an SPF 15 and can be attached to your jeans or belt loop for easy-applying.
- Green People Toning Facial Mist, (£18.50). Ok so this is a little bit of luxury, because you might be camping but who wants to slum it? Spray this rose, orange blossom and aloe vera mist over your face and neck to pep you up and improve skin tone. If you're feeling very virtuous you can use it to remove makeup at night or mist it on after a quick cleansing wipe routine.
- Nivea Visage Cleansing Wipes, (£3.29). I'm not usually a fan of cleansing wipes but they're incredibly useful for festivals. These ones are cheap, gentle on the skin and still effective.
- Korres Cream Gel, (£16). Pricey, yes, but that rock and roll lifestyle is going to play havoc with your skin. Treat it to this tiny (40ml) cinnamon and echinacea cream-gel. It's very light, and ideal for oily, post-party skin.
- Burt's Bees Res-Q Ointment, (£4.95). Safety first! Any nettle or insect stings, bites or moshing-related bruises can be soothed by this multi-purpose ointment. It prevents scarring too and calms the skin.