I am such a sucker for Maggie Gyllenhaal's pretty, yet unconventional beauty looks. She always appears kooky and cool – even when her makeup is red-carpet polished. Most of all, she looks like she's having fun.
At the New York Premiere of The Dark Knight, – Maggie looked glowing, with dewy skin and show-stopping red lips.
Here's some easy tips for getting her makeup look:
- Use a light, sheer foundation, such as Clinique Gentle Light Makeup, (£18.50), for a luminous effect. Set with some loose, translucent powder.
- Add a touch of natural-looking blusher, in a warm shade, like NYC, in peach, (£2.99), from Superdrug.
- This look is all about the lips, so keep eyes neutral. A light, toffee-coloured eyeshadow, such as Bourjois in Brun Irreel, (£5.75), and black mascara is all you need.
- Choose a lipstick that's a true red, with no brown or orange in it. If you're pale, a blue-red colour will work best. I like Nars, in Scarlet Empress, (£17).
- For luminous shoulders, and toned upper arms – use a rich moisturiser, with anti-aging properties, like Clarins Renew Plus Body Serum, (£33).