Near-fluro orange pouts and tomato toned lips stole the shows at London and New York Fashion Weeks. This is actually a very flattering colour to wear but I have to admit I was a little dubious at first about putting ketchup-esque shades on my skin. For some professional advice on how to work this trend, follow my easy tricks.
- For the perfect base for lipstick simply smooth out any blips or dry skin by using an old toothbrush. Then apply lipstick with a brush for extra precision. This evens out the lips and gives the colour staying power.
- If you want to make less of a statement then pat the colour on with your fingertips. This gives an undone finish that was seen on the catwalk at Betty Jackson for next Spring.
- To emphasis the matte lip colour, stick to dewy skin. Keep blush minimal and just line eyes with a brown pencil and use a black mascara for a fresh effect.
- Red shrinks the lips so if you're not so pouty then steer clear. Go for nail varnish instead.
- Matching lips and nails can look sweet. Keep the nails short and boyish though for a modern feel.
For more expert tricks, just read more.