I’m such a naughty little beauty editor. Out all night, never at home. Beauty sleep? No time when Carly Simon's ‘You’re So Vain’ is beckoning me to the dance floor.
Thing is, I do kind of think that song’s about me. So if you want to walk into the office – the day after the night before – like you’re walking onto a yacht, then I’m your girl.
Here’s some sleep-mimicking, vanity-inducing and hangover-hiding products to make you look like you stay home every night with hot cocoa. Just read more
- Slather on some of the cult Guerlain Issima Midnight Secret, (£53), when you get home. It's the holy grail of bad girl beauty – even if you're only getting two hours sleep, this will make you look radiant.
- Drink water. You've heard it before, but it's really the only thing that will make you feel better. Drink lots and lots. Add some Berocca, (£3.99) – a vitamin formula – to your water for a natural pick me-up as well.
- Go for a sheer base, like a tinted moisturiser, that has added vitamins and a sheeny texture. Try Botanics Instant Glow, (£3.99).
- Use a light-reflecting concealer and highlighter, like YSL Touche Eclat, (£22.50). It's great to carry around for touch ups through-out the day of doom too.
- Eye drops are the supermodel's secret to looking wide-awake at the shows. I like Boots Comforting Eye Drops, (£3.49).
- If you want to keep them guessing as to exactly
whatyou've been up to all night, try Benetint, (£22.50), dabbed onto the cheeks for a just-in-love flush.
- Keep eyes light, as dark colour or liner will make you look tired – try a gold shadow, like GOSH four-colour eyeshadow, (£8), and add a touch of white liner or white shadow to the inner corner of your eyes.
- If all else fails, fake the glamour. Wear oversize sunglasses, (well you’ll need them on the yacht) with a red lipstick, like L'Oreal Kiss Proof, (£7.99).