I've always been a fan of Nicky Kinnaird. Space NK launched in 1993 and still is a go-to destination for new innovative beauty products and exciting independent ranges. Like most high-flyers Nicky leads a hectic lifestyle crammed with long-haul flights, jet lag, and crazy hours. This has been heavy on my mind recently with all the madness of the fashion shows, and I was curious to see what products she used to stay looking fresh and glamorous.
To find out what she said, read more.
- What are your beauty survival rituals? New York based fitness and nutritional expert, David Kirsch, has changed my life. David’s raspberry flavoured Super Juice Vitamin Mineral Powders have kept me healthy throughout the winter (and helped me drink more water to boot) and when jet lag kicks in (usually for me around 4pm in NYC.) I find 5 pumps under the tongue of his handbag-friendly B12 Vitamin Spray does the trick better than coffee.
- Do you have any beauty tips for women, like yourself, who travel and work a lot and are constantly on the go? Excercise is my stress buster and soul saviour. Wherever I am in the world, I get up early, put my running shoes on and hit the great outdoors. The reservoir run in New York’s Central Park is my favorite. The cool fresh air, the sense of freedom and ensuing release of endorphins really sets me up for the day ahead.
- What products are in your makeup bag? At the moment, I have By Terry Éclat de Rose in No. 3. This tinted moisturiser leaves your skin looking natural but better. Terry de Gunzberg raised the bar with her divine light reflective formula that is imperceptible to the naked eye. I also have By Terry’s Touche Veloutee no 3. (It’s eight hours of sleep at the sweep of a brush.)
Nars The Multiple in Maui is a real staple. It’s the perfect neutral cream to powder stick blush that works with both cool and warm tones. Chantecaille Faux Cils Mascara is hands down my favourite mascara for both volume and length. It’s rosewater scented and leaves lashes soft- never crunchy.
Finally, I have Nars Duo Eyeshadow in the Bellisima shade. It’s a great basic bone-coloured highlighter with a hint of shimmer (not sparkle). It adds depth to the socket.
- There seems to be a lot of new interesting products to Space NK’s collection at the moment. What are you most excited about? We have Bakel, a line comprised of 100% active serums created by renown Italian chemist, Dr Rafaella Gregori. I also love our new fragrance collection from Honore des Pres, which includes five unique 100% certified organic fine fragrances by famed French perfumer Olivia Giacobetti. They are quite revolutionary. There’s Wei Beauty, our new luxury line with Wei Young, creator of the most successful mass market Chinese herbal skincare Wei East on HSN in the US. I’m also excited about François Nars’ new Orgasm Skin Illuminator. It’s a great product for spring as it adds a great radiance to complexions. Its what we’re all crying out for in Spring!
- What guides your buying selection at Space NK? What do you look for in a beauty product? I look for the best quality products across all categories that are created by true innovators and experts in their respective fields."
Photos courtesy of Space NK