If ever there was a night to pull out all of the stops with your makeup, it's new year's eve! Bat your lashes to lure 'em in and then pucker up with a pretty pout for a midnight kiss. Think about how your pal the party girl would do make herself up and then have a go at it yourself. To ensure that you're party perfect, here are a few beauty tips from me to you. Happy New Year everyone — have fun, and please remember to be safe.
- Drink plenty of water. Hydration is important for your skin. Also if you plan on consuming alcohol or coffee, water is a terrific way to help flush toxins out the body.
- Try something new with your eyes. Use glitter as a liner, create a sexy wing-tip or bring out your inner wild child by highlighting your inner v with some white sparkle. No matter what, pile on the mascara and add some fun false lashes.
- Choose one feature to emphasize. For example, if you want to create a bold eye, make sure lips are nude (and vice versa). While I can't emphasise enough that this is a great night to play up your makeup, you still wouldn't want to look overdone.
- Pack your party purse. Inside of your evening bag, be sure to take along the lipstick/lip gloss that you're wearing that night, a few blotting papers to keep shine under control (think of the photos!) and a small concealer if there's anything your desperate to keep covered up.
For the last three party perfect beauty tips,
- Set your makeup. Dust loose powder over your foundation, blush and even your lips (before your lipstick) to ensure that your makeup stays put all night long.
- Shimmy in shimmer. If you're plan is to be dancing the night away or just snapping your fingers in a corner somewhere, don't be afraid to add a touch of shimmer to your cheekbones, just underneath your brow bone and to the center of your lower lip.
- Fill in your brows.There's nothing worse than a smoky, edgy eye next to a whimpy and thin brow. Use a pencil, gel or brow mascara for added definition.