Eyes awash with all shades of purple, from the stormiest plum, to the lightest lilac, stormed the catwalks – setting a darker, more sultry mood for autumn/winter.
Christian Dior, Miu Miu, Louis Vuitton and John Galliano all fell for this alluring look that is part vamp, part pretty.
I know it's still the middle of summer, but this is a great trans-seasonal trend to start practicing now, so you can wow them with your violet eyes come September. Plus it works well with the autumn/winter clothes in the shops at the moment, especially the sheer and tartan trends.
Here's some expert tips: Just read more
- A wash of purple shimmer is a pretty party look. Take the colour right up to the brows and use an almost-sheer, soft lilac, such as Bourjois eye shadow in Violet Artistique, (£5.75).
- Use a darker plum as a liner. Simple wet a sponge eyeshadow applicator and dip into a dark purple shadow. Then apply to line the lashes, blending well with your fingers.
- Taking a deep purple across the lid and into the crease, gives an instantly dramatic effect. Try Max Factor in Passionate Plum, (£6.99).
- Lilac suits most people as it brings out all eye colours and really brightens the whites of the eyes, for a wide-awake look.
- Add a touch of silver frost to the inner corners of the eyes, to really make them sparkle.
- For a daytime look, use a subtle lilac shadow, with a brown mascara, such as Jemma Kidd Lasting Tint Mascara, (£12). This gives a glossy, yet natural vibe.