This is the sumer of bright, bold colours and look-at-me makeup. Think peacock blue, cream eyeshadow, with cerise cheeks and raspberry lips.
At the Haute Couture shows, makeup artists were like magpies for the bright stuff – there were red berry lips at Valentino, lime and yellow eyeshadow at Dior and painted-ladies with purple eyes and bright red lips at Christian Lacroix. A sign that sizzling shades are here to stay.
Here's my top five bright products to get you started – just don't wear them all at once!
- Mavala, (£3.75), nail polish in Romantic. A bold, coral pink that looks good on toes.
- Maybelline Dream Mousse Eye Shadow, (£5.99), in Fabulous Turquoise. This is one of the best cream shadows around. Very long-lasting too.
- Lancome Juicy Tube,(£9.50), in Fraise. A sticky, sweet lip gloss with an orangey-peach colour. Young and fun.
- Revlon Renewist Lip Colour, in Cherry Desirable. A special moisture-boosting formula and SPF 15 make this a great colour buy.
- MAC nail polish in Phosphor, (£8), a bumble bee yellow with a slight lime sparkle. Slightly putrid, very Dior Haute Couture.
- Rimmel Colour Rush Eyeshadow, (£3.99), in Intense. A very deep, moody purple, as at Lacroix. Intense!
- Nars blush, (£18.50), in Exhibit A. For exhibitionists only. A bright red blush for rosy, catwalk cheeks.