Balance Out Your Skin in 30 Minutes With Elemental Herbology
Inspired by the five-element theory of traditional Chinese medicine, Elemental Herbology aims to help you achieve a healthy and balanced complexion. Lydia, a training manager for the British skin-care brand, guides you through the steps for the ultimate pampering session.
Best for: Parched, dehydrated skin in need of a moisture boost.
Tools: A cleansing balm, creamy face scrub or chemical exfoliant, moisturising sheet mask, rose quartz or jade roller (Elemental Herbology has one), hydrating serum, eye cream, and lip balm.
- Mix a small scoop of cleansing balm into your hands with a little water and massage into skin, then rinse off with a flannel.
- Reach for a creamy exfoliator, and apply as a mask by patting it onto skin and leaving for a couple of minutes. Then massage it in well and rinse off with a flannel.
- Open up a sheet mask (any moisturising sheet mask will do if you don't have the Elemental Herbology Nutrition Infusion Sheet Mask (£10) at home), remove the paper backing, and apply to you face. Follow this by going over the sheet mask with a facial roller in outward strokes for five minutes, then leave on for 15 minutes.
- Remove the mask, and massage in leftover serum with deep circular movements around your eyes and forehead to help the product absorb and relax muscle tension.
- Apply a few drops of hydrating serum (in the video, Lydia uses the Elemental Herbology Cell Nourish Facial Serum (£46)) into your hands, and massage deeply over your face.
- Add a drop of eye cream by applying to your fingertips and pressing around the whole eye area in a circular motion.
- Lastly, massage your moisturiser into your skin, and finish with a dab of lip balm (Nuxe Reve De Miel (£11) being one of our favourites).