13 Reasons Why hit Netflix at the end of March, and we haven't been able to stop obsessing over every little thing. In addition to dissecting plot holes and possibilities for season two, we've also fallen in love with the incredibly talented cast. Ross Butler? Amazing hair. Dylan Minnette? Extremely cute. Miles Heizer and Brandon Flynn? The best BFFs. Katherine Langford? Amazing voice. And then there's Alisha Boe, who has Hollywood "It" girl written all over her. Not only did the actress nail her role as Jessica Davis, but she also seems like a really fun chick to have around in real life. We've gathered up a few fun facts about Alisha before you start seeing her everywhere.
- She's 20. While Alisha (along with the entire 13 Reasons Why cast) plays a teenager in the show, her birthday is March 6, 1997.
- She wasn't born in the US. Alisha was born in Oslo, Norway to a Somali father and a Norwegian mother. She moved to America with her mother in 2004.
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen inspired her to be an actress. Alisha revealed in an interview that while she's always loved performing, it wasn't until she played Michelle in a Full House play that she officially told her mum she wanted to be an actress.
- You've definitely seen her before. Before catching her big break in 13 Reasons Why, Alisha appeared in over a dozen shows since 2008. Her acting credits include roles in Parenthood (with her 13 Reasons Why costar Miles Heizer!), Teen Wolf, and Ray Donovan. (Fun fact: Dylan Minnette's girlfriend, Kerris Dorsey, is also on Ray Donovan, and shared a few scenes with Alisha on the show.)
- She's best friends with her costars. The entire 13 Reasons Why cast loves to hang out in real life, and Alisha seems to be a driving force behind that. She's formed especially close bonds with Miles Heizer, Brandon Flynn, and Tommy Dorfman, and frequently documents their fun antics on social media.
- She has at least 1 tattoo. To celebrate the success of 13 Reasons Why and to further raise awareness for depression and suicide prevention, Alisha got matching tattoos with costar Tommy Dorfman and the show's executive producer, Selena Gomez. The trio got semicolons on their arms, because it symbolises that "this is not the end, but a new beginning."
Image Source: Showtime