Amy Winehouse is suffering with the lung condition emphysema, her Dad Mitch has revealed to The Sunday Mirror.
Doctors treating Amy at private London hospital The Clinic have also said that unless she takes their advice, Amy will need a permanent oxygen mask to survive.
Amy's Dad, Mitch, told The Sunday Mirror: "the doctors have told her if she goes back to smoking drugs it won't just ruin her voice, it will kill her".
He also spoke about his other worries for his daughter's health, as the doctors also found a lump:
"After lots of tests they found a lump in Amy's chest. A scan has shown it's not cancerous and there are no traces of cancer in her blood. But they might need to double check... At times Amy seems nervous about it but she doesn't panic until something's 100 per cent".
To see what Mitch had to say about Glastonbury, Blake and Pete Doherty read more
- On Amy's emphysema: "With smoking the crack cocaine and the cigarettes her lungs are all gunked up. There are nodules around the chest and dark marks. She's got 70 per cent lung capacity."
- On Amy's irregular heartbeat: "When she went into hospital she had irregular heartbeats. I was messing around and picked up a stethoscope and listened to her chest myself. It was all over the place. But they've now sorted that out with medication. That was likely to have been the drugs. But one step back, and it could be fatal."
- On Pete Doherty: "I'm saying to those drug dealers, and they know who they are, if they are supplying crack to Amy, then they've got to take responsibility. I don't want her hanging out with her mates like Pete Doherty either. What hope does she have if people are taking drugs around her? Already Amy says she feels better and wants to leave hospital and that worries me."
- On Amy's appetite: "She's been eating like a horse. I've been amazed. For lunch she ordered a baked potato with tuna, cheese, beans, salad and soup. She gobbled it all down and then ate mine. So she's going in the right direction."
- On Blake: "Blake apologised to me for getting Amy into drugs and says he's going to try and put it right. Blake was clean when I saw him but he's told me he wants to go into rehab. We've organised it so that as soon as he's out, that happens. He wants to go from zero to hero. It's very hard for him being in prison, but at least he's been trying. He wants me to live with Amy in her house in Camden when she's out of hospital, but at the moment I don't really want to do that."
- On Glastonbury: "If she hadn't done recent shows in Moscow and Portugal she could have been dead by now. She abstains and regulates her drug use when she has to do a show… The doctors have said that medically there isn't any reason why she can't do Glastonbury."
Amy has vowed to stay clean, and started a drug replacement programme on Tuesday. Mitch added that Amy said: "'Don't worry about me, Dad. I know I've got to stop taking drugs now'". Let's hope this awful experience will help her stay on the road to recovery.