Cameron Diaz stars on the cover of July's Shape magazine, and lets us in on some of the secrets she has for maintaining her uber-toned body.
An eclectic fitness routine (with the help of a personal trainer) help her overcome the temptation of fries, as well as a habit of halving restaurant portions by taking home half for another meal. Genius!
Here's some excerpts from Cameron's chat:
- On being wiser in relationships: “I think I finally know the way love works best. Basically, the most important thing it to really know yourself.”
- On being in her 30s:“Everything gets easier when you get older. You have a lot more experience and enough restraint to rethink that impulse to behave a certain way, because you know where it’s going to end. You have a strategy of how to get to a happier place.”
- On being single: “I love being alone – I love it! I’m good at it. But not in a weird way, not like leave me alone – it’s just I’m very comfortable by myself.”
- Her secret to looking so good for her age: “I hike, snowboard and surf. I admit I do hire a personal trainer as well, but for me working out is a big part of keeping mind and body together."
For more from Cameron on her diet and how cows factor into her plans for the future, just read more
- On her diet: “I eat healthily but love my burgers, and if you put a bowel of French fries near me, then it’s over. Normally, though, I’ll have a half-order of something and save the leftovers. I’m queen of leftovers.”
- Will she still be making movies in 10 years time? “Whatever I’m doing, I just hope that I’m happy. It might be milking a cow that makes me happy!”
She seems pretty well-balanced, right? Check out the full article and interview in the July edition of Shape magazine (UK edition) which is out now.
Image Copyright 2008 Shape Magazine.