So we're on the third episode of Dirty Sexy Money, and so much has happened already – so lets get on to the good stuff! Here's a whole bunch of my thoughts on last night's episode "The Italian Banker", once you've read mine make sure you let me know what you thought of the show – I can't wait to read your thoughts!
- Nick still doesn't trust Tripp, who isn't sleeping over the thought Simon Elder may have had something to do with Dutch's death. But Nick was determined to let the police deal with it instead of getting Tripp's private investigator involved. That didn't work out too well did it? The police proved not to be too useful. Oh, and Tripp lied to Nick about his knowledge of the affair – was this the truth from Tripp, or a lie? I think I trust him. Sometimes.
- The sex tape situation was great – that montage of Nick asking the family members whether they had a sex tape in their past was hilarious, especially Karen's reaction, "You mean like a mix tape? Like the one you made me when I was 12...?" The woman is obsessed with him.
- Tripp was talking sense to Patrick about letting Carmelita go, but... my heart's with Patrick on this one. He obviously really loves her. So I was very glad to see her in the car with Patrick later in the episode.
- Loved the whole Juliet / Jeremy / Natalie thing - they're adult-sized kids. Juliet's belief in her twin-tuition was great, I love their brother and sister relationship. Also, the red carpet cat fight was very amusing!
- Side note: how do I get invited to parties where you can take home as many diamonds as you like?!?!
For more of my thoughts and to leave some of your own, just read more
- Brian's family were looking after 'Swedish orphan Gustav' aka Brian Jr, but his wife was definitely suspicious. And then Brian Jr blew his cover by asking Brian's other kids about Spongebob Squarepants. Busted! The Reverend's confrontation with his son was great. "We pay the rent in this house with honesty, don't make me raise your rent." Say what?!
- Karen was the one doing 'The Italian Banker' with Freddie's caddy on the sex tape. I loved that she took the fact Nick omitted a few truths to Tripp as loyalty to her.
- A depressed Patrick decided to show the last bit of control over his life by drink-driving his way into a crash just before his campaign launch. Heaven knows how he recovered in time to make that great speech, but Nick's a miracle worker, that's for sure.
- The (rather nice) Australian blackmailers sold the sex tape to someone else for a much bigger offer. And it turns out Simon Elder was behind it, but gave the tape back to Nick as a kind, if expensive, gesture. So can Simon be all bad? Or is something more mysterious going on... Hmmm....
As I said I can't wait to hear your thoughts on the episode... this series gets more and more mysterious as it goes!
(Images courtesy of Channel 4)