November's Marie Claire cover star is Lindsay Lohan, and she's opened up to the magazine about her family, friends and the amazing amount of work (and headlines) she's managed to fit into her life so far. She also talks about the future and her opinion on the tabloid nickname LiLo — here's a few excerpts:
- On her relationship with Samantha Ronson: "Um, people can think what they want, I’m really happy, and that’s all that matters. She’s a great person. But I think that anything that’s changed in my life is because of me. I’ve gone through it and I’ve had to deal with it and I’ve made the decision to move forward. So yeah, she’s a great person."
- On her party girl past: "I've learned. I’ll never go back. And it’s not a never-say-never type thing, it’s just I know, I know. I knew so much at the age of twelve — I’d seen so much. So it’s surprising to me that I got into certain things that I got into, because I knew not to."
- On being a star: "It’s a lot of pressure because everyone’s depending on you. And your mood when you go on set, everybody feels it. This business is very go go go. You’re constantly surrounded by people, then everything stops. So you kind of feel invalid in a weird way. And it can get depressing."
To find out what Lindsay says about her father's other daughter, rehab, music and the tabloids, just read more.
- On her dad’s other daughter: "I don’t know what’s going on with it. I haven’t asked him any questions. Apparently, we’ve been in the dark for so many years we’ve gone through enough with him. Enough is enough. I’m shutting down communication with my dad for a bit until he decides to be a grown up."
- On family life: "It’s always been up and down. Unpredictable. It was kind of just like whether my dad was gonna be there, what he would be like. We didn’t know what to expect from him, which was difficult."
- On her stint in rehab: "It was like a vacation... because no one bothered me."
- On children: "At some point, I want to adopt a kid as well. A child in need or a new born from another country. I’m not sure."
- On her music career: "Obviously I want to sell records, but I do it because I find it therapeutic. In music I can be myself."
- On being branded LiLo by the tabloids: "It’s weird, it’s like where do they get those things from? Whatever, it’s fine. I know my real name."
You can read the rest of the interview with Lindsay Lohan in the November issue of Marie Claire magazine.