Jessica Biel is the cover star of the Christmas issue of Marie Claire UK, and inside she opens up to the magazine about her fears for the future, acting, her lack of music knowledge, and much more. Jessica's also the star of Easy Virtue which is premiering at the London Film Festival — and YOU could win tickets to a special screening of it, so enter now! In the meantime, here's some extracts from Jessica's interview:
- On posing for photographers: "It’s taken a few years to feel comfortable doing that sort of stuff. Even now I still feel sort of ridiculous."
- On music:"I like all that fun music, lots of old-school stuff and yes, some Whitesnake. Absolutely."
- On her recent interest in popular music: "I was sick and tired of not knowing who people were talking about."
- On becoming a movie star: "I never thought to myself, 'I’m going to do this musical, then I’m going to be a movie star' I never made that jump. For a very long time I wasn’t thought of as anyone with any credibility in the film world. Everyone is tramping through the swamp everyday in this business."
To find out more of Jessica's thoughts, just
- On working in TV: "I was really uptight, when you work on television for a long time you’re in a really organised situation; in film, it’s so much more improvisational and relaxed."
- On being in the film The Illusionist: "I was so thrilled to get that part, it was such a joy for me, oh it was great."
- On asked how she feels about aging: "I don’t know — I better start figuring it out. I feel my knees changing — like, why do I have this pain when I’m running on the treadmill? What’s going on with my lower back when I wake up in the morning? I just feel changes.... I’m definitely fearful in a very vain manner about aging. I think its freaky weird to look at a picture of your grandmother when she was a young woman then look at her now."
- On plastic surgery: "I’m really afraid of blades on my face. That freaks me out beyond belief. I would way rather have wrinkles than some slice up going on."
- On her high profile status: "It’s hard. The hardest part of this whole wonderful, bizarre lifestyle and profession. You have to be Zen about it, because it can make you crazy."
- On marriage and having kids: "I kind of go back and forth about marriage and kids. I feel like if it’s an organic way for me and the right time in my life then, yeah. If it’s right, it’ll be right – but at this moment, that seems totally foreign... I have so many friends having babies and getting married and they just want to put me where they are so we can go to nursery together and stuff. I’m like 'Noooo!' I’m resisting!"
The Christmas issue of Marie Claire is out now.