Self-professed "bullsh*t detector" Jennifer Lawrence graces the December cover of Vanity Fair US, and in addition to looking gorgeous as usual, the Passengers actress got completely candid about everything from her superstar BFFs to the key to her success (we'll give you a hint: it has to do with that previously mentioned bullsh*t detector). Although the 26-year-old wouldn't confirm her relationship with 47-year-old director Darren Aronofsky, who she was spotted kissing in November, she did say that "he is a visionary." From her obsessive love for her dog to why you should never approach her in a restaurant, keep reading to see her best quotes.
- On struggling for privacy: "You might think you know me, but when you approach me you're a total stranger to me and I'm scared. I get very protective of my space. It took me a long time to be able to do that. But if I'm eating dinner and somebody comes up and a flash goes off from someone's iPhone camera, I am really rude to that person. Then other people at the restaurant will see and be like, 'Oh, damn, I don't want to do that.' Privacy is a full-time job and I work very hard at it."
- On the love of her life, her dog Pippi Longstocking: "I am a psychotic dog mom in a way that I am genuinely embarrassed about. If I could put her inside me and give birth to her I would. [Having actual children] would be dangerous. My kids would be incredibly jealous because I would still be way more attentive to Pippi than I would to them."
- On her friendship with Anna Faris, wife of her Passengers costar Chris Pratt: "I think women can sense if you are the kind of woman who is going to run off with their husband. I don't think I give off that vibe. I give off the 'Please like me!' desperation. Which is not threatening."
- On why she hates being a bridesmaid: "All of my friends are getting married and having babies. Weddings rock, but I will never be a bridesmaid again. There needs to be a bridesmaids' union. It's horrendous. If anyone asks me again, I'm going to say, 'No. That part of my life is over. I appreciate the ask.' If I do ever get married, I don't think I will have bridesmaids. How can I rank my friends?"
- On why the internet is never right: "I try to just live in a nice little imaginary cocoon, [but] my brother asked me the other day, 'Everybody online thinks you and Amy [Schumer] aren't friends anymore.' And I said, 'Oh, really, because everything online is always true.'"
- On being BFFs with Emma Stone: "She texted me that she got my number from Woody [Harrelson]. I replied, 'F*ck off!' And we've been really good friends ever since." The pair then texted every day for a year afterwards. "I feel like it was our version of The Notebook — 365 texts."
- On why Paris Fashion Week is the worst: "[It's] the most intimidating time to be alive. You get ready in your hotel and you're like, 'I look awesome.' Then you walk outside, see the outfits and people who are like seven feet tall, and are like, 'I am a piece of garbage. I'm not going out anymore.'"
- On the key to her success: "I'm a good bullsh*t detector. Ever since I was a kid, I was always calling sh*t out."