Kevin Smith is opening up about the "massive heart attack" that left him in the hospital earlier this week. The beloved movie director took to Twitter on Monday to reveal why he cancelled the second taping of his upcoming special Kevin Smith Live! "After the first show this evening, I had a massive heart attack. The [d]octor who saved my life told me I had 100% blockage of my LAD artery (aka 'the Widow-Maker')," Kevin tweeted alongside a photo of himself in a hospital bed. "If I hadn't cancelled show 2 to go to the hospital, I would've died tonight. But for now, I'm still above ground!"
On Tuesday, Kevin uploaded a Facebook video to reassure fans that he was doing just fine and took time to thank them for their well-wishes. The 47-year-old also described his health scare in full detail, explaining that he "didn't piece together" that he was having a heart attack at first. "Even though my chest was heavy and even though my father died at the age of 67 died of a massive heart attack."
Kevin says he attributed his symptoms to the fact that he'd smoked marijuana earlier in the day. Luckily, he called his doctor and received treatment at Glendale Adventist Hospital before it was too late. Watch the full 19-minute video below to hear Kevin's take and his shout-out to Chris Pratt, who also sent his heartfelt prayers.
Greetings from Glendale Adventist Hospital!Posted by Kevin Smith on Tuesday, February 27, 2018