Victoria's Secret models Adriana Lima, Alessandra Ambrosio, and Candice Swanapoel unwound over a ladies luncheon at the Fig & Olive restaurant in LA yesterday after showing off some of the brand's latest bikinis for the press in the morning. Candice swapped her swimsuit for an Isabel Marant dress, while Alessandra sported Stella McCartney. The fun continued for Adriana, Ale, and Candice afterward at a bash with Miranda Kerr, but first they shared with us all about their self-tanning secrets, favorite vacation spots, and why those catalog cover shoots aren't always as glamorous as they're cracked up to be! They said:
- Candice on where they shot this year's catalog: "Turks & Caicos, St. Barts, and Anguila. Anguila was amazing because we shot the stringkini in this cave. The photographer, Russell, he kind of pushes us to do cool stuff. And you're scared, but it's amazing. Some of the camera guys swam under [the rocks]. I didn't. I was scared because [the tide] was pulling. I had to do my own hair and makeup, and stand on a rock like, 'Ahh!', because the makeup team didn't want to get near. I was holding on to one of the assistants, because of the waves, to stay up."
- Adriana on her favorite way to get a Summer glow: "I like self tanning. I like it. First, you know, you protect your skin and you're not so exposed. Second, with self-tanner you have control. Sometimes you like the darker hues or lighter, or you can just focus on different parts of your body."
- Adriana on whether she's had self-tanning disasters: "No! I'm really careful. Maybe because I'm Brazilian I'm a tanning expert!"
- Candice on her skin secrets: "A light microdermabrasion gets all the dirt and everything from traveling. [Skin] gets so dry and irritated in the air. But the best thing is to go to Brazil for a week each month. [Laughs] I also have this rosewater spray. It's so calming. When your face is rubbed a lot and you take your makeup off a lot, it's great."
- Alessandra on her favorite tropical getaway: "I love St. Barts. St. Barts really glamorous. You have everything, you can shop there, you can go to the beach and there's empty places. And the food is amazing, because it's French food. It's my favorite spot in the Caribbean."
- Adriana on her family's Summer vacation plan: "Maybe Sicily. We haven't decided yet...I'll have all my bikinis lined up....I love the stringkini. Small! When you're in the sun, I don't like to have big tanning lines, I like them small. It's not attractive."
Images courtesy Michael Gardner for KCD Worldwide