Sarah Jessica Parker graces the cover of US Elle's January issue. Tom Munro was the photographer behind the accompanying shoot — make sure to check out more images from the spread. SJP's gearing up to film I Don't Know How She Does It while relishing her role as president and chief creative officer at Halston. She's also focusing on her three children, and possibly even prepping to make a move uptown after years in the NYC's West Village! She opened up inside the magazine to chat about missing her kids, aging, her new job, and more. SJP said:
- On aging: “I don’t know what I can do about the aging. Yes, I am aging. Oh my God, I’m aging all the time. It’s like those flowers that wilt in front of you in time-lapse films. But what can I possibly do? Look like a lunatic?”
- On meeting her newborn twins: “[Meeting them] is hard to describe. Everything is suspended. I can’t even tell you what other sounds were in the room. I loved them immediately, but everything—their size, the shape of their heads, the colour of their hair, their noses, their eyes—was new to me. They looked surprisingly different from James Wilkie, which I wasn’t expecting.”
- On Tabitha's style: “She’s crazy for bows; she wants her head covered in them.”
- On leaving her children for work: "Even now I think about [the separation], and it makes my stomach hurt. I think about my son waking up on his birthday without me there, and I could die."
- On taking her role at Halston seriously: “I said, ‘Please know this now: I will never do this for a title. I will never dip in and out of this. I’ll do it like everything else I’ve ever done. I’ll be involved down to the splitting of the atom.’”
- On her design skills: “I might not have the language; I can’t always tell you the exact blend of a fabric, but I figure it out.”
Photos courtesy Tom Munro for Elle