I still can't get over how much they pack into one episode of Dirty Sexy Money, seriously, my head's still spinning from the jam-packed show last night. So, without further ado, here's my thoughts – be sure to leave your own thoughts on the insane Darling family in the comments below!
- So the NTSB report came back last night on Nick's father's plane crash. And it was clear. Nothing was tampered with on the plane... so there's nothing for Nick to go on anymore... or is there?
- Tripp was off to a Billionaires' conference... but the real draw was the high stakes poker game they all play together. Simon Elder made his debut at the annual game – it was one of the last things Nick's Dad sorted out before he died.
- I love Patrick and Carmelita. Maybe it's because I haven't seen much of his wife though? Carmelita was frustrated by the secrecy of their affair, so they have a kiss in the street... but a photographer Tripp had paid took photos out of a taxi window, scaring them. Oh, Tripp, his heart's in the right place, but I'm not sure that was the best idea. Also, how long had that photographer been following them around waiting for the opportunity?!
- Tripp went to see Carmelita and confessed. And then offered her lots and lots of money to up and leave. She turned him down. Patrick then went to see his Dad to say he's done with him. Eek.
For more of my thoughts and to leave your own, just read more
- Yay – more Jeremy this episode! His job search with Nick was so funny – "no" to Darling Hotels because it smells like trouble, nothing on farms because cows scare him, and then they skipped past Darling Pharmaceuticals – too tempting?
- Crazy Karen and Freddy went to pick up their wedding licence, she knew the guy behind the counter due to the frequency of her marriages. But unfortunately for the soon-to-be-wedded couple, she’s still married....
- Oh, Karen's ex/husband. Wow. Wow. Wow. Thanks for the manjoyment! OK, that is one good looking man in a towel. If Karen can't make a marriage with gorgeous anthropologist Sebastian Fleet (aka best looking guy on TV in a towel ever) then I don't think Freddy's going to go the distance.
- So Jeremy ended up as a valet for Darling Parking. I love him. He's like a hyper puppy dog. Of course, on his first day he crashed a sexy woman's car. So he did what anyone would do in that situation – bought her a new one and switched the plates before she came back to collect her car... Genius.
- Meanwhile Simon told Nick about the plans he and Dutch had, to make Manhattan more livable – cleaner air, better public transportation – and asked Nick to convince Tripp to put Darling Plaza into the pot at the game. He didn’t entirely explain why though. Nick was rightly suspicious and only agreed to do it when Simon said the NTSB report was a fake and was doctored long before the police got it. He said Nick could have the report if Simon gets Darling Plaza
- It was nice to see Brian and Brian Jr beginning a relationship not based on lies!
- Worth mentioning: Why didn’t Dutch take Karen and Sebastian's signed divorce papers to be processed? Hmm.
- Tripp and Nick’s bluffing at the poker game was superb! Nick had told Tripp everything and they engineered it to give Simon Darling Plaza, without Tripp looking happy about it. Letitia was heartbroken over the sentimental value of the building that they’ve lost – their first home in Manhattan. Did Nick and Tripp fool you? They did me.
- Nick’s honesty is a great quality – it’s kept him out of scrapes so far. But what will happen if Simon finds out?
- Jeremy confesses what he did to the woman’s car ‘I’m in this phase of my life where I’m seeking consequences…do you want to speak to my boss?’ Jeremy tried to pick up the girl with the wrecked car, without her knowing he’s Jeremy Darling. No success yet... but he's a persistent one.
- Tripp told Nick that he will run the Darling company one day. Wow.
- And then the twist-filled end – The poker game dealer works for Simon Elder! The NTSB report said that the mechanic Norman Exley was responsible – but he was found dead! And then the final twist – what’s Patrick doing at Simon’s office?! Tripp's really pushed him away this time!
OK, I'm officially exhausted, but I can't wait to hear what you thought about this fast-paced episode! This show is so fun and intriguing! Leave your comments below...