For me, last night's Gossip Girl was all about Blair-Chuck-Nate. That said, there are no complaints here about "School Lies" other than I'm not sure I like the characters that I'm supposed to. Check out Fab UK's fashion quiz on last night's episode. Now, here are my thoughts:
- OK, so Nate's getting much hotter, right? I think it's the hair, or maybe Chace Crawford was filming this episode around the time that he started to become more famous in the US and that new-found confidence is showing up on screen. He actually had some personality this episode too – his character is about a billion times less spineless these days.
- OMG Chuck's red striped swimming pool outfit made me so happy. Bless him. Except don't, because he's so evil! (Yet awesome.)
- I went from not caring at all about the parent drama to almost liking it more than the stuff with the teens. Out of nowhere, the Bart-Lily-Rufus plot is the best thing about the show (don't worry, no spoilers until after the jump).
- Still want their clothes, and their hair. Anyone else surprised that Serena went with a classic one-piece bathing suit for the illicit pool party?
To read about the rest of the show, just read more.
- Vanessa is still a pain. I mean, I know that she is supposed to be super cool and not playing into all the prep school nonsense with her oh-so-artsy self, but she just bugs me. I'm glad she gave Blair the tape but surprised that she accepted Blair paying her year's rent in return (even if Vanessa wasn't expecting it to happen). And I get that making a foundation to help fight youth genital herpes in Chuck's name is funny and all . . . but she's just so annoyingly self-righteous. At least she doesn't seem to be trying to break up Serena and Dan.
- Speaking of which, Dan himself was a little much last night. He's still a puppy dog for Serena, but he just can't seem to have a good time. He needs to loosen up.
- Sigh, and then there are the parents. I'm conflicted about the Rufus-Lily-Bart situation. While it's a little ridiculous that Serena demands that her Mum choose Bart (against her heart's desires), that's the thing about being in teenage love — you think that it means everything and could be forever. That being said, I cheered at the moment when Lily called Rufus and told him she wanted to give it a try. My issue is, why does she have to choose either of them? Why can't Lily just be single a little while longer to look for someone who isn't Bart and isn't Rufus either?
- I was kind of happy to see Blair and Nate together again at the end . . . see my note in the beginning of this rundown about Nate's hotness. I'm still Team Chuck ultimately, though.
So, what did you think about last night's episode? Let me know!