Last night's episode of Gossip Girl hit pause on the Blair vs. Jenny storyline and made way for badass Georgina Sparks. Woohoo! She started out harmless enough (even a little needy), and it seemed like Serena was just making bad choices that had little to do with the arrival of her old friend. However, considering the packages full of porn and handcuffs Georgina sent last week, we knew things were going to get diabolical fast. Don't forget to take FabUK's fashion quiz after you've read my thoughts on last night:
- I'm so over Jenny's tantrums. Also, I was not loving the dog walker – Asher Hornsby – I don't think he was as hot as Jenny thought. Did any of you get that attraction?
- I love scheming Blair! She's so resourceful (and evil) when she needs to be, and her target last night was over-achieving Nelly Yuki, who, like Blair, wants to go to Yale. According to Blair-logic, only one teen from Constance Billard can get into Yale, so naturally she had to sabotage Nelly's SAT performance.
For more on how the New York based gang survived their exams and my thoughts on the brewing romance between Nate and Vanessa, read more.
- As I said, at first Georgina seemed harmless and a little insecure, with an obvious taste for partying. But then she drugged Serena in a bar. Wow. She's clearly threatened by the new Serena and her happiness — but they still share some big secret together.
- When Serena's past starts to catch up with her, she turns to Chuck "we'll never share DNA" Bass to bail her out. Huh? Yes, when she realised she was in trouble, she just flipped open her phone and barked to Chuck "Stall!" or "Take care of it!" and then was totally shocked when his trouble-shooting involves morally ambiguous plans like sending a redhead to take the SATs for her. Um, this is CHUCK we're talking about, Serena.
- I loved when Georgina lied to Serena about having a wild night, claiming Serena switched to Patron and got flirty with "the guy with the ironic mustache."
- So Nate's character has grown a lot, and . . . you know, he's rather nice-looking. FabUK is slightly obsessed – are you? His new romance with Vanessa is cute so far; however, Blair spotted them together, so they won't be happy for long if she has anything to do with it.
- I really loved the scenes in the Humphrey household. Rufus and Dan's exasperation with Jenny's angst is pretty adorable. Jenny – cut your dad a break and spend some time with him!
- I'm a little confused about how Georgina tracked down Dan, but no matter — she did, and she is so sneaky. She called her dog "Georgie" and introduced herself to him as Sarah. Where is this going?!
- And finally, I still love the clothes and still want Serena's hair! Gorgeous.
By the end of the episode, Serena was a little less wishy-washy than usual and threatened Georgina that they will both go down if she reveals the big secret. But what is it?! Still, now Serena is shutting out Dan and letting Chuck take care of her — and that might leave Dan vulnerable to the charm of "Sarah" – Michelle Trachtenberg has a few episodes to go in her guest starring role!
So what did you think of last night's episode? Let me know!!